This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Fall Fashion Trend Prediction

| October 3rd, 2018 |

Photo Source 

Wardrobe Essentials:

-Ankle Boots

-Classic Loafers or Ballet Flats

-Basic Layering Tees

-Straight Cropped Jeans

-Lightweight jackets

-Sweaters

-Neutral Handbag

-Floral Dresses

Styles that are coming back:

–Blazers aka business chic. Whether you’re on your way to an internship or to your first date a blazer can add some flare to your outfit.

-The Chunky Sweater. A girl’s best friend is a chunky sweater when the weather gets chilly, it’s comfortable yet stylish and can be paired with leggings or denim.

–Black Booties.  This timeless classic can be an addition to any style of outfit, throw on a motor jacket and some black booties and be a part of ‘A Westside Story’.

-Corduroy Skirts. A fashion staple from the flower power era, some classics never die. Compliments any body type or skin color.

-The Duster Coat. Also known as trench coats in the 21st Century are making quite the comeback. Ranging in colors and styles, some resembling the original design and others showing the sign of the times.

What to Look Out for This Autumn:

This season is gonna be filled with retro designs and vintage patterns. Never be afraid to visit your local goodwill or antique store to grab some ideas for some fresh outfits. But at the end of the day fashion is what you make it, feel free to take these items and throw in your own personal touches. Your style is unique and original to you, if you wanna wear animal prints go for it, flannels go for it, knee-high boots and leg warmers go for it!

And none of these styles should break the bank! You can easily buy any of these trendy pieces for under $50. Begin your search at stores like: Forever 21, Target, Urban Outfitters, Rue 21, Charlotte Russe. Target has realized a new line of clothes, styles ranging from workout gear to everyday essentials. And it should fit into everyone’s budget since it’s prices peak at $49.99.

Now I know that trying to keep up with the recent fashion trends can be a daunting task, and it feels like it changes from second to second. And browsing online in the new additions section at your favorite clothing store can make anyone cry when they see the total of their cart. If you keep it simple and add a few items from the trickled down runway trends to your closet each session. You’ll keep not only your wallet but self happy.

Happy hunting you fashionistas!

HCXO

Forensic Psychology Major// Social Work Minor Amateur Blogger Future Dog Mom Fashion Guru Want-to-Be Saint Ambrose University Graduating Class 2020
Her Campus at SAU