This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Everyone loves two things in this world: Netflix and Christmas! Put the two together, and the world suddenly becomes a magical place of instant winter wonderland! Reward yourself for putting in all the hard work throughout the semester by making hot chocolate, lighting a candle, turning the Christmas lights on, snuggling into your warm bed, and putting on a Netflix Christmas film. Here are 10 of Netflix’s best Christmas movies!

A Christmas Prince

A reporter goes undercover as a tutor and gets the inside scoop on the bad boy prince. Of course she can’t help but catch the interest of the playboy himself. Finding love in the royal family is a winter wonderland dream, but can she keep up her lie? It’s kind of like She’s the Man, except she’s not a man. And there’s no Channing Tatum. But it’s still a good movie!

Christmas Inheritance

An heiress is about to inherit her father’s gift business when she finds out before she can receive it she must deliver a special Christmas card to her dad’s former partner in his hometown she never knew existed. After a snowstorm hits and prevents her from traveling home, she is forced to work at the inn she is staying at. Will she discover love and the true gift of Christmas while stranded? If you love the Hallmark Channel, this movie is for you!

The Princess Switch

A type-A baker takes the trip of a lifetime to the magical land of Belgravia to compete in the Royal Christmas Baking Contest. While there, she meets her doppelganger who just happens to be a Duchess. Like The Parent Trap, these two decide to switch lives for a while and end up falling in love. Can their trap have a happy ending? It has double the Vanessa Hudgens..need I say more??

Christmas Wedding Planner

While planning her cousin’s wedding, Kelsey Wilson is surprised to have a handsome private investigator show up, turning her world upside down. Will he destroy Kelsey’s work, heart, or both? Is it Jennifer Lopez in The Wedding Planner? No, but it’s still a cute film.

Love Actually

This movie follows nine stories as they unfold and intertwine. What connects them you ask? Love, actually. Will the characters find love in time for Christmas, or will they fall silent out of fear? We all know how complicated love is!

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

This classic movie follows the Grinch and his loyal dog as he tries to steal Christmas. Will the love of Cindy Lou Who change the heart of the Grinch? Will he ever love Christmas? Hopefully you know the answers to these questions otherwise I am sorry you have never experienced this Christmas classic.

Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas

A childhood Christmastime essential follows the beloved mouse and his friends as they try to make Christmas perfect. Do I need to explain more? It’s Disney, you can’t say no to Mickey!

Christmas with a View

A ski resort is buzzing after news hits that a celebrity chef takes a job there. A failed restaurateur tries to focus on her career, but of course her path keeps crossing with the celebrity chef. Will they argue forever or will they finally learn to take a hint after their paths keep crossing? Will we ever get the hints about our love lives? Probably not because sadly we don’t live in this Hallmark-like world, but we can through this movie for a couple of hours.

The Nutcracker

This Christmas classic follows a little girl who dreams her toy Nutcracker has come to life. Her dreamland consists of toys that are larger than life and a battle breaks out as the Nutcracker tries to protect the girl from the Mouse King. Seeing it live on stage would be better, but then you couldn’t watch it from the comfort of your warm bed, so Netflix saves the day yet again!

The Holiday Calendar

A struggling photographer receives a magical advent calendar which seems to predict the future. Will it be able to predict her love life when two handsome men come into her life, one being an old friend. Will she realize her love for the boy she’s known all her life or take a leap of faith and go for the new man?

Lover of sunshine and happiness and all things bees
Her Campus at SAU