Why Selena Gomez is Our #WomanCrushWednesday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Singer and actress Selena Gomez (photo provided by Rolling Stone). 

As we all know, the beautiful and talented singer and actress Selena Gomez made her come up from a very young age, starring in Disney Channel’s Wizards of Waverly Place. And even before that, you can find her face in old Barney and Friends episodes. But aside from her well flourished career, Selena Gomez has also dabbled in humanitarian work and her own personal struggles.

I think what makes a celebrity so relatable is not their passion for eating food, “just like the rest of us”, but what they do with their social status. Although Selena Gomez is Instagram’s most followed user, but uses her platform to raise awareness. 

In early 2014, Selena Gomez released her statement about dealing with her auto-immune disease, lupus, and was undergoing chemotherapy treatment. To everyone’s surprise, the public couldn’t believe one of the biggest celebrities in the world had a chronic disease.

Gomez has stated in one of her

• celebrity
  • selena gomez
  • Woman Crush Wednesday
  • Hi there, for any questions or feedback, feel free to contact me at soapbach@gmail.com.