This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

It is not a party nor is it a wedding and it is definitely not a rave. So what should we wear for the clubbing scene?

I’ve attended a few clubs lately and every night begins with the same big question: What do I wear? It takes at least a few hours and several piles of clothing on the floor to find the perfect clubbing outfit.

Here are some ideas on what to or not to wear at clubs!

Bodycon dresses are always the easiest piece of clothing that you can wear. If the dress is detailed then there is no need for a statement necklace. If the dress is a plain bodycon then, girl, pile on the accessories. You honestly can’t go wrong with a dress. The three questions you must ask yourself before buying a bodycon dress are 1. Can I bend over in it? 2. Are my boobs covered? and 3. Does it make me feel like the bomb diggity? You can not doubt your dress because if you aren’t feeling the way you look then you won’t have a good time dancing. Also keep in mind the print of the dress, a pastel floral dress will scream wedding ensemble and you don’t want that.

tobi.com

asos

You’re not into the dress idea? Well skirts or shorts are always an option. Remember this is a club not a picnic day at the park. The best way to pair a skirt/short is with a crop top or a deep cut dress shirt.

asos

forever21

forever21

Tip: If your outfit is a solid color then add accessories.

As for colors. Remain in the sexy palette. This means the dark reds, blues, blacks. You can wear white too but add black accents (black heels, a black necklace).

Now that you know what is appropriate for the club let me tell you what is not:

Don’ts:

-flats

-wedding wedges

-cupcake dresses

-a big purse or hand bag

-head accessory that can fall off

-tights

-pastel colors

Happy Clubbing!

xoxo

Jessica Romero

San Francisco

Hey Ladies! My Name is Jessica Romero (: I love the beach, the outdoors, sunsets and clothes! ♥ My intended major is ADM and minor in Journalism. Follow your dreams and empower others to pursue theirs!