Two Ways To Style Short Overalls (San Francisco Weather)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Overalls are officially back in the game and I couldn’t be happier! The day I received them, I thought, “Ooooh, the summer outfits I’m going to pull! It’ll be sick.”…And then it started raining–the wind huffing and puffng all over pretty much everything. It reminded me that in SF, one cannot simply put on summer clothes ONLY — unless they want to freeze in the middle of the day. But I wanted to wear these overalls no matter what, so I thought I’d come up with ways to pair them with warmer items, and still look Summer-ready for the moment the sun comes out!

1- Knittted jumper:

My overalls are light blue and short, so I needed to cover the top, which is my sensitive spot when it’s a bit windy. I threw on an old jumper I got from H&M; I absolutely adore the color, which is fashionable no matter how sunny or grey it is. Perfect for SF, basically. I paired the whole look with platform sneakers, also from H&M. They go with just about anything, and there is an infinite amount of colors that will work with them. When the rain hit, I threw on a black coat and replace my sneakers with black thigh high socks and boots, and I was good to go!

2- Sexy Pastels:

Overalls are usually worn casually, but there is always a way to give them a more sophisticated (yet sexy) look. This time I decided to pair them with a simple coral chiffon shirt from Forever 21 and white strappy heels from New Look. The colors are perfect together and give the whole look a romantic vibe, while the overalls still keep it casual. The strappy heels just make you legs super sexy, and the long sleeves tone that sexiness down a bit. I kept it simple and completed the look with a long flowy coat to keep me warm. ‘Cause you know…it’s San Franscisco.

These are just ideas. Overalls are so simple and laid back that you can just thrown on a shirt of any color, and you’re good to go. However, I always like to do something a bit different, so don’t be afraid to shake things up a little.

Bisous,

Brigitte