burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Students With Style: Angie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Name: Angie Calderón

Year: Junior

Where is your favorite place to shop?

My favorites places to shop at are your local thrift stores. I always find one of a kind items at thrift stores that everyone is not rocking down the street. I love Urban Outfitters, but their clothes can get a little pricy, so I have to limit myself to that store. Also, I do online shopping because I get lazy to go out to the stores sometimes.

How would you describe your style?

My style depends on the weather and how I feel that day. I would describe my style as a combination of urban/street/bohemian/chic. When it’s sunny and warm I love to wear loose flowy hippie/ bohemian patterned clothing, but when it’s cold and I don’t feel like getting all “pretty,” I throw on some denim and other items to display my personality.

Who or what is your favorite fashion influence?

My favorite fashion influences are Lisa Bonet and Nicole Richie. I love how they play with their outfits and aren’t afraid to try something new and be who they are. Also, I get my influences from people who walk around on campus and/or on the streets. I incorporate their fashion sense and make it into mine.

Any fashion tips for the season?

Accessories! Accessories! Accessories! I’m from San Diego where it’s pretty much sunny the whole year, but it’s a different story out here in SF. All you really want to wear in SF are comfy and warm clothes, but if you throw in a cute scarf, headband, bold lipstick, or some jewelry it will transform your outfit.

What’s a trend you’re currently obsessed with??

I’m obsessed with the chunky jewelry and high waisted jeans trend. I can’t get enough of them. If you combine both of those things together then your have yourself a fly outfit.

Catherine Uy

San Francisco

Catherine Uy is a freelance journalist and blogger. She currently interns for CollegeFashionista . When she’s not busy writing or blogging, you can find her shopping at thrift stores, taking street style photographs, or reading the latest issue of Nylon Magazine.You can follow her on Twitter.