This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Warmer air, blooming flowers, birds chirping, and suddenly everyone’s laying on the quad. That could only mean one thing. Spring is here! What better way to welcome Spring than to look at some spring trends for 2014?

Pastels: 

This trend is one of the most seen on the Runway, and it is amazing. Pastels are very easy to style, because you’re not mixing and matching prints. Try it out! Find a cute pastel sweater, and pair it with your favorite jeans. 

Sheer:

The airy fabric can make you look like a princess or like a try hard (not the good kind). This trend needs to be used with caution, because it can be a bit too revealing on some areas. Other than that, it is perfect for spring days or nights. A beautiful sheer dress for an event? You might just have to be careful where you walk with all the boys at your feet. 

Florals:

It wouldn’t be spring if we didn’t have florals, would it? This spring, challenge your inner flower child. Pair a floral shirt with some pastel pants, or a floral dress with a jean jacket. However you pair up this trend, you are bound to look gorgeous. 

Now one thing is left to do. Get those winter clothes back to the basement and make way for my florals. Don’t forget your floppy hats, ladies, because this Spring is going to be bright!

Jessica Romero

San Francisco

Hey Ladies! My Name is Jessica Romero (: I love the beach, the outdoors, sunsets and clothes! ♥ My intended major is ADM and minor in Journalism. Follow your dreams and empower others to pursue theirs!