Spotted! Campus Celeb: Celeste Covarrubias!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Our campus celebrity this week is our very own star member, Celest Covarrubias. Get to know this week’s empowering, lovable sister of ours.

Age?

22

Year?

Junior

Major?

Journalism

Hometown?

Calexico, CA

What are you a part of, on campus?

Journalism Department, HerCampus Magazine

Any outside of school activities?

Not at the moment, I’m still getting familiar with the city and seeking out things to get involved with

How about hobbies?

Reading, Writing, Photography, Baking. Does watching music videos on YouTube count? Lol.

How is it writing for Her Campus?

I love it! I have a lot of fun engaging and working with my team at SF State. Her Campus has given me the opportunity to issue content on topics that are fun, important, interesting and most importantly, relatable to other college women. I have been given a platform to share my voice and engage with my readers and I think that’s so awesome.

How do you stay organized with all your classes and all of your events?

Staying organized for me really just lies within maintain a good mindset. With a lot of things going on, it can get hectic sometimes, but I find that remaining focused and keeping a positive outlook goes a long way. I also write a lot of to-do lists, it helps me prioritize the things that I need to get done.

Who/What inspires you?

Growing up I was surrounded by a lot of strong minded women. They each possess qualities that I admire and influence the type of woman that I aspire to become.

Do you have any advice for our collegiettes who want to participate in campus activities such as clubs?

Take advantage of all of the opportunities that are available! It’s a little intimidating to involve yourself in new experiences sometimes, but you’ll never know if you don’t try it out.

And lastly, what is something people don’t know about you?

I’m actually really shy and introverted.

There you have it, a sneak peak into the life of our member Celeste. Her words of wisdom and actions is why she is our celebrity this week.

Who will our celeb be next week? Only one way to find out, check back next week!

HCXO♥

Jessica Romero

San Francisco

Hey Ladies! My Name is Jessica Romero (: I love the beach, the outdoors, sunsets and clothes! ♥ My intended major is ADM and minor in Journalism. Follow your dreams and empower others to pursue theirs!