Simple Outfit Combos for Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

They say if you feel good about yourself on the outside, it will improve your mood and give you confidence. That confidence is key to performing well on a test, thus a cute outfit can help with your finals. Now I also understand that after a long night studying, the last thing you want is to figure out what to wear to your final. That is why I have prepared three simple outfit combos that make you look like you have your life together when you’re actually a hot mess inside. 

Black Jeans + Jean Jacket + Black Boots — This is what I like to call the SF State uniform. If you look around campus your sure to find someone (male or female) wearing this combo within a 10 foot radius, myself included. It’s probably because it takes no effort to throw on, it always matches, and you instantly look like you drink fair-trade coffee while listening to obscure indie bands. 

Dark Wash Jeans + Collared Shirt + Sweater/Cardigan — This outfit is perfect for those pesky presentation based finals. Seemingly complicated, this outfit actually takes very minimal effort to mix any button-up and sweater together. Just make sure that at least one of the shirts is solid because mixing patterns requires more brain power than you have during finals. Bonus tip: Wear a watch with this outfit. You instantly look more professional and you can keep track of how long you have been presenting without taking out your phone. 

Striped Shirt + Jeans — I’m a strong believer that everyone should own a black and white striped shirt. It’s a timeless classic that is very adaptable to many different style aesthetics. This outfit will make it look like you actually have your life together while everyone else in the classroom is rocking day-two sweatshirts with coffee stains. If you feel like putting a little more effort, pair this look with some red lipstick and look extra chic.

Rachel is a second-year history major at San Francisco State University. She's a pop culture junkie who's optometrist tells her she spends too much time reading and looking at a screen. Her special talents include singing the wrong words during karoke and dancing like Chandler Bing.