This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Unlike the normal weather in SF State, students were able to be shady last Tuesday and Wednesday with one thing – Zenni Optical glasses.

Zenni Optical is a California-based eyewear business that not only makes premium eyewear affordable, but allows people to express their own personal style as well. Established in 2003 in Marin, the company has grown to not only have over 1 million likes on their Facebook page, but is committed to make sure that eyeglasses for families, men, women and children, are not only affordable, but stylish as well.

“College kids are already paying a lot of money to go to school,” said Hernan Vicuna, Zenni Opitcal’s Brand Manager. “We want to make glasses attainable.”

On their website, glasses range from only $6.95 to $39.95. The best part about Zenni Optical is that you have the chance to customize glasses to your own personal style and needs. Even if you don’t wear glasses, you can still make your own customized sunglasses.

Currently, Zenni Optical is making stops across Colorado, Arizona, California, Oregon, and Texas to showcase “Zeni Road Trip,” an eyeglass and sunglasses tour across different college campuses. At the event, students had the chance to try out different custom styles on display. The tour bus even offered to give out free vision tests and free hardshell eyeglass cases.

“The event was very interesting,” said Sahar Swaleh, a journalism major at SF State. “ I enjoyed how each of the employees interacted with us and made the experience enjoyable. The fact that they were having an event for cheaper glasses was amazing because as someone who has needed glasses since the third grade, I know the struggle of trying to find cute cheap ones.”

Eyeglasses and sunglasses from their LA and Metropolitan inspired collections were also available to try on, featuring different shapes, sizes, and styles.

It’s not too late to visit Zenni Optical’s tour bus! Here is a list of the remaining stops they have to make:

• October 10-11, University of Oregon, Eugene

• October 13, Gonzaga University

• October 18-19, Texas Tech University

• October 24, Texas A&M University

If you want to keep up with the tour, be sure to visit the Zenni Optical Facebook page. This page will feature #ZenniRoadTrip Zelfies, host a map of tour stops and dates. It’ll even feature the Spotify playlist Zenni plays at their stops!

Additional updates can be viewed with Zenni’s Stories on Snapchat (@ZenniOptical), via Instagram (@ZenniOptical), or by following the hashtag #ZenniRoadTrip. Students who use this hashtag will have the chance to be entered in a raffle to win some eye-catching prizes!

For more information, be sure to visit www.zennioptical.com.

I'm a Sophomore at San Francisco State University majoring in Journalism. I went to San Marin High in Marin County, Novato, and was attracted to Journalism there too. I wrote for the school newspaper, 'The Pony Express' for two years and also enjoy reading, and shopping.