This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

When I think of spring trends, “scallops” isn’t usually one of the first words that come to my mind. But the trendy hemline feels springy-er than ever with its lighthearted feel.

If you’ve never heard of scallops style hems before, don’t worry — neither had I until a few weeks ago when I read a blog post about it. After that I became a little obsessed: searching scallops on Pinterest, noticing it on people’s outfits, wishing it was on mine.

What makes this a great trend? It adds a little youth to whichever piece it’s a part of, whether that’s a Peter Pan collar, an iPhone case, or skirt. It gives your outfit a new polished addition that makes it style-centered and envy-worthy.

Here’s some great examples of scallops, as found on Pinterest!

#1: Scalloped Yellow Shorts

Love this bright shorts with the scalloped finish! I feel like they scream spring in San Francisco. Perfect for these hot days we’ve been having lately — trips to the beach, strolls through Golden Gate Park, shopping in the Haight, or even daytime dates! (Link)

#2: Scalloped iPhone case

What’s not to love? This scalloped iPhone case feels like your iPhone had a great trip to the beach and wants everyone to know it. The layers remind me of waves, bringing the case right into spring and ready for summer! (Link)

#3: Scalloped crop top

I’m going to be honest, me and crop tops, we don’t really hang out much. But this is everything I love about them. While this is a slightly long top, I love how the scalloped edges bring in definition to the flowly shape of the top, making it a clean and fun finish above the high-waisted jeans. Not going to lie, if I had this outfit, you’d catch me in a crop top all the time! (Link)

So now you’ll be ready to hit the stores and search for your favorite springy outfits — scallops included!

Nena Farrell

San Francisco

Nena Farrell is a senior journalism student at SFSU who masters in copy editing, career writing and celeb articles. An avid tea drinker and religious studies minor, she hopes to take her numerous journalism internships and experiences as a newspaper copy editor and Campus Correspondent to move forward into the world of editing and public relations. She's a native Californian who's lived from Sonoma to San Francisco — with a few years in Hawaii to boot! Follow her on Instagram and Twitter at @thenenja, and check out her blog for more of her work at thenenja.com