Reasons You Should Consider Studying Abroad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Has International Education Week here at San Francisco State inspired you to study abroad? If you are still undecided, here are some reasons why you should consider studying abroad!

Source

Reason #1: An Amazing Experience:

It goes without saying that living abroad is an unforgettable experience. You’ll immerse yourself in a different culture, in new sights, and perhaps even in a foreign language (depending on your destination choice). Everything will feel different, and the joys of traveling and living abroad lie in its discoveries. You’ll meet new friends, try new foods, and venture to new places, all while still being on track for graduation!

Reason #2: Similar Costs:

Obviously costs are always an issue when considering traveling abroad. However, if you participate in the international programs offered here at SF State, you’ll pay the same tuition cost even if you are studying at a different university. In addition to this, all your outside credits will transfer back in!

Reason #3: Improve Your Resume:

Studying abroad looks great on your resume. It will show potential employers that you’re culturally sensitive, adaptive to new situations, independent, and responsible—important traits in any jobseeker.

Source

College is an invaluable learning experience. It is a place where you can discover your interests and expand your opportunities, but nothing can ever replace the experience of having lived abroad, immersed in a completely foreign environment, and the lessons you learn from it.

Elizabeth Lee

San Francisco

Elizabeth is currently a junior at San Francisco State University where she is studying Comparative Literature. She enjoys writing, learning foreign languages, and yoga.