This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

On Sept. 29, 2013, a record number of San Franciscans showed up to Alice 97.3’s Now & Zen Fest at Golden Gate Park. Bands such as Larkin Poe, Walk Off the Earth, Plain White T’s, Goo Goo Dolls, and OneRepublic were playing for free, so it’s no surprise that Sharon Meadow quickly reached capacity. 

Highlights from the event included a sing-a-long version of “Hey There Delilah,” 90s throwbacks courtesy of the Goo Goo Dolls, and OneRepublic’s covers of “Golddigger” and “Same Love.” In a humorous moment, Mosley The Dog, a Golden Lab equipped with a GoPro camera, made an apperance on stage to film the audience for Alice 97.3’s Doggie Cam. 

Besides an overload of free music, Now & Zen offered a multitude of food and beverage options for hungry park-goers. San Francisco staples like the Curry Up Now food truck and It’s-It Ice Cream managed to lure people away from their spots by the stage. Nothing beats a free music festival during San Francisco’s sunny fall days, which is why Now & Zen Fest was the ultimate end-of-summer celebration for the 15,000 attendees.