New to SFSU? Check out these nearby restaurants!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Hey Gators!

Hope everyone has had a great couple weeks back at SFSU and slowly adjusting to the crazy weather we have here! Welcome back to those students, faculty, and professors from last semester, but a special welcome goes to the class of 2018 and new transfer students.

After getting over the stressful situations of moving in (on or off campus), finding your classes and having withdrawals moving away from home, what better way to unwind after your first couple weeks than trying out some new food places!? Here are four locations you need to visit or order from that are within 5 miles of San Francisco State.

1. Ike’s Place
    • Location: 1650 Holloway Ave, San Francisco, CA 94132 The Dungeon of the Cesar Chavez Student Center

If you like a good quality sandwich, you should definitely try Ike’s. With over 60 different options, including vegan and vegetarian you are guaranteed to find something you love. I would recommend the “We’re just friends” because if you like a little sweet and spicy this would be a great choice because it comes with avocado, halal chicken, pepper jack, sweet orange glaze. So, if any student wants to eat something filling and worth the money, definitely stop by Ike’s.

1. Seniore’s Pizza (2 miles from campus)
    • Location: 2415 19th Ave, San Francisco CA, 94116

This, this pizza place is one of the hidden gems that you most definitively need to try if you ever crave pizza at 2am. Why? Because this pizza joint is open every day of the week from 11 am – 3 am AND they deliver for free! They are most popular for their specialty pizza’s some of which include the “Kings Special” which include pesto, spinach, artichoke, olives, chicken, salami and feta cheese. You can order online or over the phone and it takes roughly 45 minutes for delivery, but trust me. You will not be disappointed with the results

1. Tpumps (3.5 miles)
    • Location: 1916 Irving St San Francisco, CA 94122 between 21st Ave & 20th Ave in Outer Sunset

Now, what’s good about eating if you can’t have a good drink to go along it? Tpumps is a boba shop that combines a mixture of fruits, teas, ice, milk boba and jellies all into a medium or large cup of your choice. The picture shows the size, flavor of tea and sweetness you perfer of your drink along with the large list of flavors you can mix and match to your liking.

1. San Tungs Chinese Restaurant (4 miles)
    • Location: 1031 Irving St, San Francisco, CA 94122

This famous Chinese restaurant is by far the best one around the Inner Sunset neighborhood. This establishment is most well knows for their famous “crack fried chicken” either dry or glazed in their sweet and suculent gravy mixed with garlic, green onions, red peppers and some other secret ingredients. The restaurant is open Thursday-Tuesday but closed on Wednesdays and their hours are between 11:00am- 9:30 pm. Unlike most Chinese restaurants, they do accept cedit cards but will only take one per check. This place is great for all types of groups as well but remember to arrive early because by the time dinner comes around, it does get packed so you can expect to do some waiting but it wont even matter because the food is TOTALLY worth it! 

.

Nancy Delgado

San Francisco

My name is Nancy Delgado!I am a Recreation Parks and Tourims Administration Major at San Francisco State Univeristy and I am the next Leslie Knope