This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Grad Year: 2013
Hometown: Nara, Japan
Major: Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts
Relationship Status: Single

What do you do like to do for fun?

I like watching dramas and movies. I am always busy catching up with the latest episodes of the dramas that I’m currently watching (haha) I love watching movies too. I like being in a theater. It takes me into a different world where I can escape from the reality of school, work and stuff. Hmm other things that I like…well I like chatting. I cannot stop talking and I’m so loud when I’m with my friends. Not in class though, of course…haha

What do you look for in a guy?

Well I cannot really explain my type of a guy, but I do look for “funnyness”!  I dont even know if that an official word…haha. I look for a guy who makes me laugh. Well my friends always say it is easy to make me laugh, but even if it’s easy, it is the most important thing to me for a guy. Also, I want to be myself when I am with the guy I like.

Where are your favorite places to go in San Francisco?

There are many beautiful and fun places to go in SF. I always go to Irving Street to talk with my friends or to have a cup of coffee with them. There are bunch of cafes and restaurants on Irving and they are full of variety, it’s great because I can try a different cafe/restaurant anytime and I don’t get sick of it. Oh and I like Haight street. There is a lot cute and weird stuff there so I like to window shop at Haight.

What color best describes your personality and why?

I would say green is the best color to describe my personality. Green is mixed with yellow and blue. My roommate said I am always cheerful and happy like yellow, but sometimes I’m chill and relax like blue.

If you were stranded on an island and you could only bring three things with you, what would you bring?

Knife, rope, and bracket, I guess? They are pretty useful. Well I hope I’m not ever going to be in this situation in my life haha.

What song is on repeat on you ipod?

“If you run” by The Boxer Rebellion.

Jessica Schimm

San Francisco

Jessica is journalism major finishing her senior year at San Francisco State University. She founded and lead San Francisco State’s Her Campus branch as Editor-in-Chief for two semesters and now helps run it as managing editor due to other internships responsibilities.  Her passion for magazine and online journalism has led her current online internships at 7x7 and California Home & Design magazines in San Francisco. She also was the social media editor for her award-winning college paper last semester.When Jessica is not working hard in school she spends her time working on her blog, Women Who Run San Francisco and cheering on the San Francisco Giants (world series champs!!). Having been a competitive Irish dancer for 15 years, she knows that it takes practice, hard work and determination to meet her goals. It is through these qualities that she plans to become editor-in-chief at a leading women’s magazine.