Jared Cassidy – Class of 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Name: Jared Cassidy
Year: Freshman
Major: Business Administration
Hometown: Newport, California
Age: 20
Relationship Status: Single

What do you do in your spare time?

When I’m not at school or busy I surf and play bass guitar. I also like to roam the city with my friends.

How do you stay fit? 
Surfing keeps me pretty fit but I also like to do some swimming, a bit of running, and weights. When I’m back in Newport I paddle my paddleboard around the bay.

What are your likes/dislikes about living in San Francisco?  
I like that everyone is very friendly and easy to talk to. I have met a lot of friendly people that I genuinely get along with. I dislike the hills -walking up them can get annoying.

What do you look for in a girl? 
I typically look for a blonde or a brunette who is easy-going and funny. I like girls who can be independent and do something in their free time that they are passionate about (like me). A good personality stands out more than looks.

What are your pet-peeves?
It gets on my nerves when people don’t say ‘please and thank you.” Also, I dislike it when people bite their nails, burp out-loud, and chew with their mouth open.

What is a deal breaker when on a date?
If I had to name five things that are deal breakers they would have to be: 
1. Burping out loud.
 2. Not being able to hold a conversation (how are we supposed to date if I can’t talk to you). 
3. Talking about your ex.
4. Texting at the table.
 5. Doesn’t laugh at my cheesy jokes.
Jessica Schimm

San Francisco

Jessica is journalism major finishing her senior year at San Francisco State University. She founded and lead San Francisco State’s Her Campus branch as Editor-in-Chief for two semesters and now helps run it as managing editor due to other internships responsibilities.  Her passion for magazine and online journalism has led her current online internships at 7x7 and California Home & Design magazines in San Francisco. She also was the social media editor for her award-winning college paper last semester.When Jessica is not working hard in school she spends her time working on her blog, Women Who Run San Francisco and cheering on the San Francisco Giants (world series champs!!). Having been a competitive Irish dancer for 15 years, she knows that it takes practice, hard work and determination to meet her goals. It is through these qualities that she plans to become editor-in-chief at a leading women’s magazine.