lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

I Let My Boyfriend Pick Outfits Out for Me While Shopping, and This is What Happened…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

My boyfriend and I were stuck inside the house on a rainy day and wondering what to do with our day when our plans to go on a hike got put on hold due to the torrential rain and wind. After much deliberation, my boyfriend asked me if I would like to go shopping. Immediately the answer was yes, of course I am always up for shopping. 25 minutes later we are at the mall and our first stop is the boutique style store, Francesca’s. Francesca’s is one of my absolute favorite stores, every piece of clothing in that store, I love. The clothes are exactly my style, and really cute and all for a good price. However, after browsing through the racks with my boyfriend, he pauses and turns to me and says, “You know this doesn’t really seem like high fashion, I know you are on a budget, but I know some other stores that are a little more fashionable.” I look at him incredulously with my eyebrows raised, and the girl next to us stifles a laugh. “High fashion?” Questioning what I like to wear? I don’t even know what that means, but I’m assumming it is close to, “our tastes don’t really match up and you should be hitting stores like Chanel or Gucci.” I would love to shop there, but that’s not realisitc, and second of all, do all guys know what is fashionanble or trendy? Apparently my boyfriend does as he drags me to Macy’s. Suffice to say, my syle is quite different from his, I’m more relaxed, bohemian, and love stores like Free People, Lucky Brand and Francesca’s. And he is more conservative, and likes simplicity, and stores likes Nordstrom, Ann Taylor and Banana Republic. Either way, I let him pick out outfits for me, and it was interesting, because I tried on things that I myself would never have never picked out; and this is what he came up with:

For Class: Shirt tucked into skirt, and a cute and easy combination. Would not have put two pastel colors together, but surprisingly, it works! (Forever 21)

For the weekend: Stripes and denim, always a classic. (Forever 21)

For Work: Approve of the pop of vibrant color. (Macy’s)

For date night: A little black dress is always classy and elegant. (Express)

I'm a Sophomore at San Francisco State University majoring in Journalism. I went to San Marin High in Marin County, Novato, and was attracted to Journalism there too. I wrote for the school newspaper, 'The Pony Express' for two years and also enjoy reading, and shopping.
Jessica Romero

San Francisco

Hey Ladies! My Name is Jessica Romero (: I love the beach, the outdoors, sunsets and clothes! ♥ My intended major is ADM and minor in Journalism. Follow your dreams and empower others to pursue theirs!