This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

For those of you that don’t follow our social media accounts, our lovely her campus san francisco team was invited to attend the Weday awards in San Jose earlier this week!

But in the meantime a little backstory behind Weday is that, as described on their website (http://www.weday.com/what-is-we-day/), Weday is essentially a global platform for social change. The loophole with Weday is that you cannot buy tickets to attend the event, you must earns them through providing servies to others. Therefore, you should have seen the looks on our faces when we saw the entire arena filled with students, teachers, and parents from across California, and to our surprise some groups traveled from as far as FLORIDA! (More pictures TBA)

So, we as a team were thankful enough that we received this wonderfull opportunity to meet with some very important people, take pictures of celebrities and witness the excitement of so many youth groups celebrate what they’ve accomplished.

Thanks you Weday for having us, we had such an amazing time and we will be uploading more content about the event in the next couple of weeks!

Follow us on twitter and instagram: @hcsanfrancisco

Nancy Delgado

San Francisco

My name is Nancy Delgado!I am a Recreation Parks and Tourims Administration Major at San Francisco State Univeristy and I am the next Leslie Knope