mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

As the countdown to summer begins, it reminds me that summer is a mental restart for all of us. We slip away from rigorous studying habits and find solace in being away from our college lives. As I wrap up my very first year of college, it’s a bittersweet moment to realize just how fast time flew by. My year has shown me tremendous growth and to find power within myself. I cannot believe just how different I have become since last August, finding myself to be a better, stronger version of myself.     

Looking back at what seems like just yesterday, I was packing up my old room in Southern California and making the exciting drive to my future in the Bay. Being 363 miles away from what I used to consider “home” has made me become more confident in myself, my abilities, and what I can accomplish. I started a new chapter in a completely new environment and built the ground roots for the life I want to live. Despite feeling alone at first and questioning my decision, I stuck with it and now realize what a blessing it was to start fresh. College has taught me the magic of new beginnings, finding beauty by immersing myself into unknown territory. I hope those who are seeking a new when it comes to starting college, find that and oh so very much more.

Hi there, for any questions or feedback, feel free to contact me at soapbach@gmail.com.