HC Correspondent Launches Radio Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Our CC Alondra is a host of a radio show! Read more about in her tell-all: 

C: Congrats on starting your own radio show! Can you tell our readers more about it?

A: The Tea Room is a group of four BECA students who love talking about entertainment, music, pop culture, & celebrity gossip. We all run the show and also contribute to the production.

A: There’s a lot of planning when it comes to running a radio show. You have to keep up with topics you’re going to talk about and have a list handy. Also, I like having a playlist done before we start the show. The songs relate to topics we talk about or songs that just got released.

C: What was the inspiration behind the Tea Room? 

A: The inspiration of the Tea Room comes from my love of entertainment news. It started as a podcast assignment for a writing for media class I took last fall. When I took this radio class, I saw the opportunity to continue it.  Luckily I met three other girls who also love talking about entertainment as much as me. Shout out to my other hosts: Natasha, Sarah, and Jessica! 

C: What’s one piece of advice you’d give to someone who wants to start their own radio show? 

A: A piece of advice I’d give someone would be to learn the sound board. I was in charge of it for our first episode and I felt so intimidated. Video production is my background not audio. I learned quick thanks to my friend Christina who’s in the advanced radio class. 

Be sure to listen to the Tea Room Monday’s from 11am to 12pm at KSFS Radio or in the Tune In app

Listen: ksfsmedia.net/radio/ Follow us: ksfs_tearoom