Halloween Themed Snacks Every Collegiate Needs to Make ASAP

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Halloween is arguably one of the best times of the year. What better way to celebrate the spooky holiday than with snacks?

Here are some of our favorite snacks for the holiday (without all of the tricks, just treats).

Rice Krispie Treat Monsters

Ingredients

For the Rice Krispie Treats:

• ¼ cup Butter

• 1 Bag Large Marshmallows (approximately 40 marshmallows)

• ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract

• 6 cups Rice Krispies

For the Monster Coating:

• Candy Melts (Pink, Orange, Blue and Vibrant Green)

• Candy Eyes (Small, Medium and Large)

• Cooking Oil

Halloween wouldn’t be complete without these little Rice Krispie Treats Monsters! Not only is this frightening treat fun to make, but they’re super cute to put on the ‘gram. Plus, you won’t have to break your bank buying the ingredients.  This recipe serves about 20-24 people.

Mummy Brownies

Ingredients

• Batch of brownies

• White chocolate melts

• Candy eyeballs

No Halloween celebration wouldn’t be complete without these Mummy Brownies! The perfect part about these spooky brownies is that you can use your favorite brownie recipe or if you don’t have enough time to bake, you can also use store bought ones.

Candy Corn Pretzel Hugs

Ingredients

• Hershey kisses

• Candy corn

• Pretzels

If you prefer savory treats over sweet ones, try these Candy Corn Pretzel Hugs! This confectionary touch on your favorite brand of pretzels gives a minimalist touch to the haunted holiday. Plus, you can give your guests a variety of these Candy Corn Pretzel Hugs by using multiple Hershey’s Kisses flavors.  

Have a spooktacular Halloween!