Going to Church as a College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Religion and college are two words that are not often put into the sentence. That’s because college is often thought of as a place that includes a lot of drinking and maybe some studying. But religion? No way.

(Photo by Snopes.)

Going to Catholic school all my life, Church, and more timely appropriate, Easter, are things that I hold close to my heart. However, I know that for people who also went to Catholic school or maybe they didn’t, do not feel the same way. Maybe this is something that you just aren’t thinking about or maybe this is something that makes you nervous.

If you have been thinking about going to Church, but are a bit nervous, just go anyways. If it helps, sit in the back or maybe even stand so you can leave a bit early. On the plus side, if you start going to Church on Easter it will be so crowded that you can get lost in the crowd if that’s what you want.

I know that sometimes people might feel guilty because Easter is one of the biggest holidays in the Church, so it might feel too easy. But just go! Easy is good and maybe if you feel comfortable with easy you can go back when it’s a little more difficult.

Jessica Romero

San Francisco

Hey Ladies! My Name is Jessica Romero (: I love the beach, the outdoors, sunsets and clothes! ♥ My intended major is ADM and minor in Journalism. Follow your dreams and empower others to pursue theirs!