Fashion Forward Campus Celeb: Blanca Ponce

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

This week I met up with one of my favorite girls on campus. Not only is she absolutely gorgeous but she is also doing major things to pursue her dream in Fashion. If you are a Fashionista, you will want to know about Blanca!

Name: Blanca Ponce

Age: 21

Year at State:  4th

Major: Apparel Design and Merchandising with a minor in Marketing

Hometown: Salinas, CA!

What are you a part of on campus?

I am a Co-President of the Fashion Network Association on campus.

Any outside of school activities?

I am a part of San Francisco Fashion Week. San Francisco Tech Week.

Can you explain what FNA is?

FNA is a networking organization on campus that acts as a bridge for students who want to get their foot in the door of the San Francisco fashion industry.

How do you stay organized with all you do and all of your events?

To stay organized I have a really big planner. Even so, it is still hard to keep track of everything. Things fall apart, I forget stuff and sometimes I am late on turning assignments or projects. The important thing I tell myself is that it’s okay to not be perfect. 

Who/What inspires you to do so many activities?

The fashion industry in San Francisco inspires me to do so many activities. I aspire to make a name for myself in the city and establish myself in San Francisco’s fashion industry.

Do you have any advice for our collegiettes who want to participate in campus activities?

The only advice I can give anyone is learning how to time manage. It seems like it would be an easy thing to do but in fact it can be the most challenging thing when you begin to have more and more responsibilities. 

Lastly, what is something people don’t know about you?

Something that people don’t know about me is that I am actually quite lazy. If there is a day I can do nothing, I will make the absolute most of it by staying in bed all day.

Thank you Blanca for being this week’s Campus Celeb. We love hearing about alumni that are making a difference and taking charge whether it be through clubs or any other organizations. 

Do you know anyone who is a campus celeb on the rise? Contact us at san-francisco@hercampus.com!

Until next time, HCXO!

Jessica Romero

San Francisco

Hey Ladies! My Name is Jessica Romero (: I love the beach, the outdoors, sunsets and clothes! ♥ My intended major is ADM and minor in Journalism. Follow your dreams and empower others to pursue theirs!