Style

Different Skincare Products to Help with Acne

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Do you get frequent acne breakouts and can’t find a way to get them to stop? Or do you get pesky pimples popping up from time to time, and you get frustrated cause you can’t get rid of them quick enough?

Acne can be a problem triggered by a multitude of reasons, whether it’s your diet, hormones, or just from just not having a good skincare routine. Well, whatever the reason maybe for your acne breakouts there are so many different products out there that could help your skin clear up. 

As a person who has suffered from acne in the past and still suffers from acne breakout, I can say that I have tried almost every acne “solution”. Well, if you have struggled with acne here are a few recommendations that have really helped me and that could possibly help you. 

First, I would highly recommend using the brand CeraVe. This brand was designed and created by actual dermatologists whose main goals are to help people have healthy skin. If you are looking for a cleanser, then I would recommend the Acne Foaming Cream Cleanser. 

This cleanser helps to keep your face clean and fresh and helps prevent breakouts. Trust me when I say that this cleanser is one of the best that I have used, it truly does what it’s meant to do. 

Now, if you’re looking for a way to get rid of your pimples quickly, practically overnight, I would recommend Differin Gel. This gel is an acne treatment for people with acne prone sensitive skin.

All you need to do is add a pea size amount to your pimple or apply a thin layer to the whole face after your skincare routine and before you go to bed. Then boom, your pimple will be gone or much smaller and dried out. I live by this stuff; it truly helped me with my skin all throughout high school and it really helped my skin get clear again.

If you’re looking to try out a serum to help with your acne, then turn to the brand Ordinary. I would recommend trying the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, it helps to diminish your pores and smooth your skin to help prevent breakouts and pimples. This serum truly does help with breakouts, whenever I start to see a breakout coming, I apply this to face along with my usual skincare and it helps them fade away overnight.

I understand the struggle with acne, it can really hurt your self-esteem and your confidence. Trying to find the right solution for you can take a very long time and can seem discouraging at times when the products just don’t seem to be working. Don’t let this minor inconvenience that is acne ruin your day. Just try one of these products, or all of them if you feel the need to and see if they work for your skin, but from my personal experience these products work wonders for clearing up acne.

Samantha Ortiz

San Francisco '26

Hi everyone! My name is Samantha. I am so excited to be part of Her Campus San Francisco as a writer!