Creative Spirit and Organized for Success

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Name: My name is Peyton Howell

Age: I am 22 years old

Major: My major is Apparel Design and Merchandising with an emphasis in design.

Hometown: My hometown in Rancho Cucamonga, California which is a small suburb in Southern California.

What clubs or organizations are you involved with?

I’m involved with the Fashion Network Association on campus.

Do you have any hobbies/ interests?

Aside from designing, I love music, art and food! I love going to shows and cooking. I also like traveling and seeing new places.

How do you stay organized with school, work, events?

My calendar is my best friend, I’m always updating it with things I need to do day by day. My schedule is crazy all the time so it helps me plan everything out.

Who/ What inspires you?

I am inspired by all things creative whether its music, art, design, photography or dance! So I am pretty much inspired by those who are creative. I love learning about entrepreneurs of any field, it’s inspiring to see people creating something for themselves. I also love nature!

What do you like about San Francisco State?

I like how small and mellow SF State is, compared to other campuses. We have a really nice campus full of a lot of beautiful plants and architecture.

What is something you are looking forward to after graduation?

After graduation, I am looking forward to getting a job so I can have some hands on experience in the fashion industry.

Do you have any advice for college students?

The biggest piece of advice I could give is to not take school and life too seriously! College is an amazing opportunity and time in life! Work hard for your dreams but don’t forget to have fun too! Challenges are apart of life and it will work out even if you are unsure about your path.

What is something that people don’t know about you?

One thing that people don’t know about me is that in the future I want to own a piece of land and have a farm where I can rescue animals.

My name is Celeste and I’m a Journalism Major at SF State.I like dark chocolate, red wine and the color blue.I have a passion for beautiful words and pictures that tell a story and speak to my soul. Some of my interests include, reading, writing, baking, going to coffee shops, watching movies and discovering new music.