Campus Profile – Her Campus at San Francisco’s Editor-in-Chief, Alondra Vega

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

She’s a sorority woman, loves media, and is most likely a bigger Bruno Mars fan than you. Meet Alondra, Her Campus at San Francisco’s newest Editor-in-Chief!

HC: What are you studying?

AV: I am a BECA major at SF State! BECA stands for “Broadcast Electronic Communication Arts.” My emphasis is broadcast journalism. I hope to become an entertainment news reporter and a red carpet correspondent one day!

HC: Why did you want to go to SFSU?

AV: It’s funny actually because SF State was my last choice. I ended up choosing it because it was closer to home which meant I would save a ton of money on housing and tuition. I hated the idea of staying here for college but looking back now, I could never stay away from San Francisco.

HC: What’s your favorite college memory?

AV: My favorite college memory was joining a sorority. As a commuter, it was hard getting to know people because everyone lives on campus their freshman year. When I joined, I met so many strong women who were also looking for friends or a home away from home.

HC: How’d you get involved with Her Campus?

AV: A sorority sister posted on our Facebook page that she was involved with Her Campus and they were recruiting more members. I went to a meeting but I didn’t have time to write. The following semester, I met Celine, who was with Her Campus, in one of my classes and encouraged me to join. Moral of the story, always make friends with people who sit next to you in class.

HC: Besides Her Campus, what else are you involved with on campus?

AV: I am a member of a National Panhellenic sorority on campus. I currently can’t tell you which one because I am a Rho Gamma (recruitment counselor) for formal recruitment. This means disaffiliated until after recruitment is over. Basically, I’m undercover. Shhhh.

HC: What’s your favorite part about Her Campus?

AV: My favorite part about Her Campus is having the total freedom to write about anything I want. My articles are influenced by funny Buzzfeed posts, Billboard, and Rolling Stone. (Billboard and Rolling Stone are my fave magazines!) I have written articles about celebrities, pop culture, award shows, and things anyone can relate to. Her Campus is an amazing website that helps me get my voice heard. Even if it is in gif form or another article talking about Bruno Mars.

HC: What are you looking forward to the most about this year?

AV: It’s my senior year in college and I’m looking forward to taking my core classes for my major. As nerdy as that sounds, I finally feel like I’m getting closer to becoming a broadcast journalist by working in the production studio on and off the camera.