Campus Profile – Her Campus at San Francisco President, Celine Herrera

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Strong, independent, and a Gemini are just a few things to describe Her Campus at San Francisco’s president, Celine Herrera. Scroll down to read more about this amazing girl boss!

HC: What are you studying?

CH: I’m currently studying Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts! My emphasis in my degree is Electronic Media Journalism. I’m also double minoring in Journalism and Marketing!

HC: What did you want to go to SFSU?

CH: Growing up in the East Bay, I have always loved San Francisco! I have a lot of great memories with my friends and family here in the city and I figured I’d be able to make more of those memories, as well as study my favorite subject!

HC: What’s your favorite college memory?

CH: My favorite college memory is when I joined my sorority! It has definitely shaped my college experience for the better. During my freshman year, I wanted to transfer schools, but joining a sorority made me want to stay.

HC: How’d you get involved with Her Campus?

CH: I discovered Her Campus while I was in high school! I emailed the Campus Correspondents at the time letting them know that I was interested in joining as an incoming freshman at the fall. They emailed me back and as soon as I went to school here I met up with them, and have been a part of it since then!

HC: Besides Her Campus, what else are you involved with on campus?

CH: On campus, I’m the Panhellenic Delegate for my sorority, Phi Sigma Sigma and a Campus Rep for Victoria’s Secret PINK! I used to be involved with Associated Students as the Sophomore and Junior Representative and Residential Life as an RA.

HC: What’s your favorite part about Her Campus?

CH: My favorite part about Her Campus is having the ability to write and learn so much about media, marketing, and journalism in a positive space designed for women.

HC: What are you looking forward to the most about this year?

CH: I’m looking forward to learning as much as I can about journalism and spending time with my sorority sisters!

Alondra Vega

San Francisco '19

Senior at San Francisco State University.