Campus Cutie English Style: Meet Rob!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Name: Rob James

Age: 21

Hometown: Jersey, England, UK

Major: Economics

Relationship Status: Single and ready to mingle

Meet this week’s Campus Cutie — Rob! He’s from England, but studies in Wales, and is now studying abroad at SFSU!

How would you describe your personality?

Nice. I’m a chilled out guy looking to have fun!

What’s your ideal date?

Something new and exciting like going somewhere I’ve never been before and trying something different. I like putting myself outside my comfort zone!

What’s the best quality a girl can have?

To be bright, happy, or positive.

What’s something people might not know about you?

I produce a bit of music. I’d put it in the electronic bracket. I’m also from a small island of 100,000 near France. Most English people say I’m not really English.

How is dating different in England vs Wales vs the US?

In Jersey, everyone knows each other so that’s a little weird. In Wales, you have to deal with the thick Welsh accent and the fact that they hate English guys. And in the US, it’s a lot more relaxed and free and open.

What’s the most romantic thing you’ve done on a date?

I made a girl a mixed tape. She liked it.

Biggest pet peeve?

Girls who talk far too much and a lot about themselves.

Motto?

I don’t have enough of an ego for that.

Interests/hobbies?

I’m a pretty SoCal kinda guy… surfing, skating, hanging out at the beach, and playing field hockey at university.

What kind of music do you love?

Fairly broad, but anything electronic is pretty cool in my books.

Blondes or brunettes?

Tough question, pretty impartial. Maybe a blonde.

Kiss a girl or be kissed by a girl?

Be kissed by a girl, that’s always nice.

Would you rather live in England, Wales or the US for the rest of your life?

Tough, probably have to pick the US because California is a great place! But Jersey’s not too bad either.

Alyssa Bright

San Francisco

Hey, I'm Alyssa!I have an extensive background in creative writing and film and television, having began my studies at Orange County School of the Arts for high school.I've written for HerCampus San Francisco, Content Cavalry, and GreekRank.com.I also have exceptional experience in Public Relations and Marketing which I often apply to my writing assignments.If you're interested in knowing more about my filmmaking, this is my website:alyssabrightfilms.wix.com/reel