This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Name: Alex Pierri

Age: 20

Hometown: Melbourne, Australia

Major: Media Communications and Accounting

Relationship Status: Single

Meet this week’s Campus Cutie: Alex, studying abroad at SFSU from Australia!

How would you describe your personality?

I’m a pretty positive and caring person, I’m pretty easy going and keen to meet new people and have a good time.

What’s your ideal date?

Being taken out to a nice dinner, and then after surprising me with something fun and exciting!

What’s the best quality a guy can have?

To have a great sense of humour and be able to make funny jokes which I can laugh at.

What’s something people might not know about you?

I’m half Italian and half thai, passport wise it’s great.

How is dating different in Australia versus the US?

It’s pretty similar, although people in the US are more open about dating and to getting out of their comfort zones.

Biggest pet peeve?

Chewing too loudly

Motto?

Interests/hobbies?

I love sports! Especially basketball, tennis and swimming. I also love to hang out with friends and see movies and I love SHOPPING!

Favorite place you’ve travelled to?

Would probably say New York or Rio di Janeiro!

What’s your favorite thing about San Francisco?

The diversity and endless amount of activities and sights to see in the beautiful city, you can never be bored!

What kind of music do you love?

I love pop music, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Rihanna, Ellie Goulding, One Republic, Ed Sheeran and I love Coldplay! Basically anything that I can sing along to!

Blondes or brunettes?

Don’t mind really, but usually brunettes.

Kiss a guy or be kissed by a guy?

Be kissed by a guy

Would you rather live in Melbourne or San Francisco for the rest of your life?

I love Melbourne, but I think it would be awesome to live in San Francisco!!

Have you ever pet a kangaroo and/or koala bear?

I’ve pet a kangaroo before, it was pretty cute!

Have you ever eaten kangaroo? If so, what does it taste like?

Yep, tastes like chicken. 

Alyssa Bright

San Francisco

Hey, I'm Alyssa!I have an extensive background in creative writing and film and television, having began my studies at Orange County School of the Arts for high school.I've written for HerCampus San Francisco, Content Cavalry, and GreekRank.com.I also have exceptional experience in Public Relations and Marketing which I often apply to my writing assignments.If you're interested in knowing more about my filmmaking, this is my website:alyssabrightfilms.wix.com/reel