Boohoo Brand Ambassador Nancy!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.
This week’s celebrity is our very own Nancy Delgado. She is a driven collegiette who is admirable by her hard work and dedication in all the activities she does. Read about her role as one, of two, Boohoo brand ambassador. 

Age: 21
Major: Recreational, Parks and Tourism Administration 
Hometown: San Jose, CA

What is your role with Boohoo? What do you do?

Well, besides being a Boohoo brand ambassador I am also the PR/Event Manager whereas my partner is the Social Media/Marketing Manager. We both hold the role of advocating the brand on campus by giving away free vouchers to fellow SFSU students and hosting an on campus event each semester. Although these are our “titles”, I feel like we both share a lot of the responsibilities of budgeting for our events, keeping up with the latest trends, handling all of our social media sites, and of course doing collaborations with her campus!   

How did you get this opportunity?

I actually found out about it through the her campus website early last semester! I thought is was an interesting opportunity and the event planning aspect was what really drew me in.  

What is the background of Boohoo?

boohoo.com is one of the largest international online retailers that’s based in the UKThey offer a lot of high end and affordable clothes for for both men and women. In fact their philosophy, which you can find on their website states: “We don’t take fashion or life too seriously. Whether you like to keep one step ahead of the trends, or if subtle style is more your thing, we’re sure we’ve got something you’ll love. And with up to 100 pieces hitting site every day and a new collection each week, we never stop – it’s 24/7 fashion at its best.”

What are some events that you have done for Boohoo?

Last semester we hosted our first on campus event which was a walk by photo shoot. We had tables set up displaying accesories, brochuers, pamphlets and discount codes to give away. We also had racks of clothes that anyone was free to try on and have their picture taken in front of our backdrop. In fact, if you go to our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/SFStateboohoo we have a photo album from our event last semester   

Do you get any sweet benefits?

Besides gaining marketing and event planning experience of course, we are given a $150 USD voucher each month to spend on the boohoo website. It’s a win-win because that way we can show off some of the latest trends from the website. 
What else do you do besides school and Boohoo?

I am a campus correspondent for her campus as well! Outside of school I am also a running coach at an elementary school for a non profit called Girls on the Run and I’m also an office assistant for a holistic health institute called School for Self-Healing. 

Can you tell us something no one else knows about you?

Hmm, I’ve played the violin for about 8 years and I don’t like cake.

Jessica Romero

San Francisco

Hey Ladies! My Name is Jessica Romero (: I love the beach, the outdoors, sunsets and clothes! ♥ My intended major is ADM and minor in Journalism. Follow your dreams and empower others to pursue theirs!