This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

The City of Lights. Glowing Angels. Wings to soar – well, at least on the catwalk.

December 5 marked the airing of the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, with this year’s show taking place in Paris, France. This year’s show brought in muscial guests Lady Gaga, the Weeknd, and Bruno Mars. The show was also praised for letting models rock their natural hair. 

Although the angels are renown for their hair, body, and a killer sense of style, these women prove one thing in the world of beauty – that beauty comes from within. Sure, there’s a range of make-up (check out HerCampus’ Angel recommendations below), hair stylists, and spray tans to meet society’s standard of beauty, but these women don’t sacrifice their personality and flair to walk down the runway.

It takes confidence to strut down the catwalk – especially when you’re wearing lingerie.

It takes a sense of strength to carry not only wings that could weight up to 60 pounds, but to keep doing what you love knowing that those millions of people watching are judging every single movement you make.

It took discipline to train for a show that draws in millions and millions of viewers each year.

“A runway walk may only last one minute, but behind that minute, it’s hours and hours of commitment, dedication, and sweat,” said one model.

Beauty constantly changes, but since the show’s debut in 1996, the models continue to grace the runway with their own style and hard-work. 

We’re definitely looking forward to see which Angels will make the show next year and bring to the show not only outter beauty, but the inner beauty each of them has. 

HerCampus’ Angel Make-Up Recommendations

Until our own day on the runway, we recommend the following make-up to recreate our own Angel looks! 

For Angelic Eyes and Angelic Skin..

HerCampus recommends Rimmel London! With their Scandal Eyes Mascara, Waterproof Scandal Eyes Eyeliner, and Waterproof Natural Bronzer you’ll be sure to be the bell of the ball! Not only can you create a smokey eye look similar to the Dark Angels portion of the show, but you can also have a magnificent glow to carry you through other parts of the show. 

I'm a Sophomore at San Francisco State University majoring in Journalism. I went to San Marin High in Marin County, Novato, and was attracted to Journalism there too. I wrote for the school newspaper, 'The Pony Express' for two years and also enjoy reading, and shopping.