This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

If you are one of the many people yearning for spooky season to start, here is a list of some fall festivities in the Bay Area to look forward to. 

1. Art & Pumpkin Festival

This festival in Half Moon Bay is taking place on October 14th and 15th. There is a plethora of fun to be had through art, food, music, contests, and even a pumpkin weigh-off with a prize of $30,000. You can get there by car or by taking the Daly City BART. 

1. Sundown Cinema

Sundown Cinema is a free outdoor series hosted by San Francisco Parks Alliance and DoTheBay. On October 20th, they are showing Ghostbusters (1984) at the Jerry Garcia Amphitheater. You can enter to win reserved seating and prizes through their website. They also offer food, music, drinks, and neighborhood fun. To get there, take bus 29 from Winston Dr to Mansell St.

1. Apple Picking

The closest farms you can apple pick at are Cloverfield Organic Farms in El Sobrante and Chileno Valley Ranch in Petaluma. If you are willing to travel a bit further for your apples, Apple Hill in Placerville and EARTHseed Farm in Sebastopol also offer apple picking. This could be a fun day trip with friends or a cute fall date idea. Make sure to check the time slots before you go. You can take multiple buses to get to each of these farms.

1. Fall Taste Test

Try all the limited edition pumpkin and fall-flavored items from your local establishments. Mitchell’s offers three fall ice cream flavors: pumpkin, cinnamon snap, and eggnog. Some personal favorites are the butternut squash mac n cheese from Trader Joe’s and a chai latte with pumpkin cold foam from Starbucks. Mitchell’s offers three fall ice cream flavors: pumpkin, cinnamon snap, and eggnog. 

1. 21+ Activities

If you are 21 and up, check out Jack N Juice for a new immersive Halloween bar. There are four Beetlejuice/Nightmare Before Christmas themed rooms and two bars. If you want something to do during the day, SF Cider Fest is back on November 11th. Enjoy cider from 30+ cideries and plenty of fall-themed games, food, and entertainment. Take a bus and a muni ride and enjoy. 

*Check Google Maps before leaving for best routes and departure times*

Lilah Rivera

San Francisco '27

Hi! My name is Lilah. I am from San Diego, CA and I am a first year dietetics major at SFSU