etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Things To Look Forward To In Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

1. Your mom’s cooking

The dining hall just doesn’t compete. The only reason why we’re even eating at the dining hall is because it’s convenient and some of the foods that they serve is slightly decent. Going back home just means free delicious food at the making of your own mother/guardian’s hand that is just unbeatable. The only good part about eating at the dining hall is that it makes you appreciate your mother’s cooking a whole lot more.

(GIF by GIPHY )

2. Seeing old friends

Sure you’ve made a handful of college friends that you’ve gotten to stress out with all semester but there’s no greater relief than going back home and seeing the people that know you best. Being away at college feels like it’s its own universe so going back home and seeing old friends just feels as if everything is being centered again.

(GIF by Photobucket )

3. Going back home and not having to spend all of your money

No more having to buy books or food from your own credit card because your parents will be spoil you with their own. They missed their child so of course taking them out to eat is a must. Also it’s much more convenient to go to the mall and just ‘forget’ your wallet back at home.

(GIF by BestAnimations )

4. Sleeping in your own room

If you had a cool roommate then sleeping in the dorms wasn’t as horrible as people make it out to be. Except for the fact that you might feel the need to tiptoe around the room every time your roommate is asleep or feel guilty for coming in at 4 A.M when the door is squeaky.

If you didn’t have a cool roommate then the dorms were a living nightmare in which you only wanted to be in either to sleep or when it was empty. That’s why going back home to sleep in the comfort of your own room is a blessing you didn’t even realize you had.

(Gif by Pintrest)

5. Not having 8 A.M.s or classes in general

Hallelujah for generally not having to worry about homework or exams or papers. Summer was made for us to relax and we need to take full advantage of it. The 8 A.M.s and 7 P.Ms are done with and the stress load is on its own break. All the hard work that we have done throughout the semester is at ease as the sunshine and the laughter of friends is what we should now be surrounding ourselves with. Sleep in, sleep out and appreciate the time you have before the stress wheel begins to spin again in September.

(GIF by Sporcle )