5 Apps Every Instagram Addict Needs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Instagram – completely synonymous with today’s culture. Since the app was launched in 2010, Instagram has definitely become a part of everyone’s lives. Here are five apps that will help your pictures go from #basic to #pictureperfect. 

VSCO

VSCO, or Visual Supply Company, is definitely an app you need to make all of your photos perfect. Utilizing different filters, exposure settings, and a strong editing feature, VSCO is a game changer. The app is free, but offers in-app purchases. 

1967 

It’s just like VSCO, but features more vintage filters. The app created by RoadRocks. LLC has a 4.5 star rating on the App Store and is simple enough for new photographers. 

Boomerang

Boomerang, from Instagram, creates mini videos that are not only easy to create, but also easy to share directly with your followers. Other app recommendations from the social media mogul include Layout and Hyperlapse. 

PicStitch 

Advertised as the “#1 Photo and Video Collage Maker on the App Store,” this app features tons of layouts for all of your favorite pictures, just in case Layout from Instagram isn’t your cup of tea. 

Lightroom

If you’re a more advanced photographer, Adobe’s Lightroom is not only available on all of your favorite devices, but has possibly everything you could need to edit your pictures. Other than PhotoShop of course. One extra perk is that there is a special offer for students! 

All photos are from each app’s respective website, other than VSCO, which was taken from Pinterest. 

Alondra Vega

San Francisco '19

Senior at San Francisco State University.