This weeks campus cutie: Matt Carter!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Diego chapter.

This weeks campus cutie is a star both on and off the field—Matt Carter!

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Alta Dena, California

Major: Mechanical Engineering

Fun Fact: I play the alto and tenor saxophone. It’s a fun thing to do! I don’t have a lot of time to practice recently but it is something I really enjoy doing.

What are you involved on in campus?

I’m a member of FIJI, I’m on the rugby team, and I’m one of the primary coordinators for cool club. Cool club is a club where we go to a center and hang out with students around our age with special needs and mental disabilities. I actually brought the idea to FIJI and we have been bringing out around ten guys each week. It’s a lot of fun.

What is your favorite thing to do in San Diego?

Go to cool locations with great views with my friends. My favorites are Mount Soledad and the Military Cemetery in Point Loma, where we went to see the Red Moon.

What do you do with your free time?

Spend a lot of time with my friends. They are super important to me so I have to make the time to hang out with them.

How would you describe yourself?

I’m really just a weird kid at heart. I play off being a frat dude very well, but I’m actually a weird guy.

What is your favorite memory so far from USD?

Our rugby team got to hang out with the USF rugby team after we played them and we got to spend a lot of time in San Francisco which is something I wouldn’t have been able to do without being on the rugby team.

What is one thing from home you miss that San Diego doesn’t have?

My little sister. I know she’s going through a lot right now, especially with college applications and its hard not being there to help her out with everything. 

Single? Taken?

Single and ready to mingle. Hit me up ladies.