This Week’s Campus Celebrity: Christina Saad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Diego chapter.

Meet Christina Saad, this week’s campus celebrity!

Year: Sophomore

Major: Undeclared as of now, but I am intending to double major in Business Administration and International Relations.

HC: What is your favorite part of USD?

CS: I love that USD is a Changemaker campus. Our students have the ability to learn about local and worldwide issues and have several opportunities to go out and change the world. This teaches all of our students the importance of going out and making an impact once they have left USD.

HC: How are you involved on campus?

CS: This year I am on the executive board of the Ambassadors Club. Also with that, I am helping train the new Torero Tour Guides as well as being one myself. In addition, I am on the Intervarsity Christian Fellowship’s Leadership Team and I lead a small Bible study group for our first-year residents. This year, I am also helping with Maher’s Residence Hall Association (RHA).

HC: What is RHA’s role at USD?

CS: RHA plays a large role in the living communities. Together, elected students contribute ideas and help residents bond with each other. This is done through a wide variety of events from movie nights to winter formals. It’s a really fun aspect of living in the dorms.

HC: What has been your favorite part about being on RHA?

CS: I have stayed involved with it, even after my freshman year. I think that it’s a great venue for students to voice what they’d like to do together as a residence hall.  It allows for creative juices to flow, for needs to be met, and for community to be built. It was definitely what helped inspire me to become an RA this year.

HC: Okay, on to the fun stuff. In your opinion, where is the best place to hang out in San Diego?

CS: I really like Balboa Park. There is so much to do there and it’s massively underrated. I also love going to Snooze Cafe. But, if you’re planning on going, make sure to get there early so you can get a seat. It’s so popular that it’s always busy.

HC: What is one fun fact about you?

CS: Like any Californian, I love avocados. But I really don’t like guacamole. At least I never have to pay extra!

I feel as though my best attributes are my coffee addiction, my obsession with pastels, but most importantly, my love of puppies. I also adore going to the beach, hugging people, and laughing at my own jokes. You can follow my adventures over at my Instagram @lauren.__xo .