This Torero is Making a Difference, Meet Jessica Paul!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Diego chapter.

Hometown: Livermore, CA

Year: Sophomore

Major: Behavioral Neuroscience

HC: What made you pick USD?

JP: I picked USD because I loved the campus, I loved the vibe I got when I took my tour as a high school senior, and I was most excited to go to a school that didn’t pressure you to declare your major right away.

HC: How are you involved on campus?

JP: I’m involved in a variety of campus organizations from Greek Life to USD Medical Brigades and now I’m going to be an RA!

HC: What kind of work do you do with Medical Brigades?

JP: I am currently one of the Co-Fundraising chairs on the E-board for Medical Brigades. I helped to plan and organize our two big fundraising events of the semester for our June trip to Panama where we will be providing medications and aid to rural communities that lack adequate access to health care.

HC: Is there anything coming up that you’re looking foward to?

JP: I think I’m most looking forward to being an RA next year! I’ve wanted to be involved in ResLife ever since freshman year and I can’t wait to be part of it! I’m also super excited for the trip to Panama; we’ve been working really hard to plan it and I’m stoked to be able to go on a second brigade.

HC: Best place to eat in San Diego?

JP: This is the hardest question you could ask me. I love Olive for brunch, Pure Press Hillcrest has amazing pitaya and acai bowls, and Sab-E-Lee up Linda Vista Rd has the best Thai food!

HC: La Paloma or Bert’s?

JP: I’m literally at La Paloma every single day. The sandwich people know my order by now.

HC: Where is the best place to watch the sunset in SD?

JP: I love watching the sunset from the pier in PB, but when I’m too lazy to go to the beach, the sunset is just as beautiful from campus!

I feel as though my best attributes are my coffee addiction, my obsession with pastels, but most importantly, my love of puppies. I also adore going to the beach, hugging people, and laughing at my own jokes. You can follow my adventures over at my Instagram @lauren.__xo .