San Diego September Concert Series

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Diego chapter.
Back to School is here and thankfully we are blessed to live in the great city of San Diego that attracts some of the best music artists around! This is amazing news for all of the collegiates moving in because what better way to say welcome home than to get together with all of your girls and hit a music festival? Lucky for you, we have scoped out some of the top concerts and music festivals in the San Diego Area during the month of September. Here are some of the most entertaining events you are not going to want to miss!

1. KAABOO Music Festival
The KAABOO Music Festival is bringing a San Diego version of Coachella to our home. There will be 100 plus music acts with headliners such as Zac Brown Band, The Killers, Train, Snoop Dogg, Foster The People, Icona Pop, and much more! Along with amazing music acts there will be other types of entertainment and a variety of food indulgences. Another great part about this festival is that a portion of the ticket price is given to charities such as Feeding America, The YMCA, Surfrider, and the San Diego Music Foundation.
Location: Del Mal Fairgrounds, 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd.
Date: Friday, September 18- Sunday, September 20. Gates open at 11 a.m. Outdoor music and sound end by 10 p.m. Indoor entertainment have extended hours on Friday and Saturday which end at 2:30 p.m.
Price: Hang Loose Guest Access Pass $299 (online) $329 (Gate Price)
           Hang Five VIP Pass $799
           Hang Ten VIP Pass $2499
           One Day Pass $125 (General Admission) $299 (VIP)
           Two Day Pass $229 (General Admission) $575 (VIP)
2. Chris Brown: One Hell of a Nite Tour with Kid Ink and Omarion
Location: Sleep Train Amphitheater in Chula Vista
Date: Thursday, September 17th at 7:00 p.m.
3. MAD DECENT BLOCK PARTY
Mad Decent Block Party is a national tour featuring different headliners at various locations. San Diego is hosting Major Lazer, Dillion Francis, Thomas Jack, Netsky, and more. The age limit to attend this event is 18 years and older, so it’s perfect for college students trying to start their year off with a bang!
Location: Petco Park, 100 Park Boulevard, San Diego, CA
Date: Sunday, September 13th at 2:00 p.m.
Price: $50 (General Admission)
4. I`M SHMACKED- Welcome Week
This is a party that features some awesome music and includes all three major San Diego Schools: University of San Diego, San Diego State University, and University of California- San Diego.
Location: Somewhere Loud, 3489 Noell St., San Diego, CA
Date: September 12th at 10:00 p.m.
5. Ricky Martin: One World Tour 2015
Location:Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl San Diego State University
Date:  Sunday, September 20th at 7:30 p.m.
6. Foo Fighters
Date: Thursday, September 24th at 8 p.m.
Ashlyn is a writer for the Her Campus San Diego Chapter. She is an incoming Freshman at the USD and is originally from Southern Idaho. Some of her hobbies include shopping, hanging with friends, pilates, and traveling.