Meet this Week’s Campus Cutie: Nina Paoloni

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Diego chapter.

Major:  Pending

Year:  Sophomore

Hometown: Wilkes- Barre, Pennsylvania

What are you involved in on campus?  

My main involvement on campus is my sorority, Kappa Delta. I hold several positions in Kappa Delta including PACE chair and PR committee. I am also on the club soccer team at USD.

How would your friends describe you?

They would describe me as vibrant, thoughtful, and high on life.

What are some of your hobbies?

Making people (and myself) laugh, supplying my friends with endless inspirational quotes, taking “model status” selfies (which are actually really embarrassing and should not be exposed for the greater good of humanity), and singing like Beyoncè are just a few of my hobbies.  

What is your favorite quote/saying?

Proverbs 31:25: “She is clothed in strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.”

What is one of your most embarrassing moments you’ve had on a date?

It was my first date with my ex boyfriend. Being the clumsy oaf I am, I knocked over my glass of water. It proceeded to spill it all over him. I felt so bad, but it was fine.

Do you plan on studying abroad?

I plan on going on Semester at Sea in Spring 2017.

What would be your ideal date?

I am sentimental and kind of a hopeless romantic. An ideal date would entail surprising me with whatever it was we were doing, and doing something unique and not typical of a first date. I definitely wouldn’t be opposed to a moonlit walk on the beach, either.

Being from Pennsylvania, what do you find are the biggest differences? Do you prefer Pennsylvania or California?

The weather is obviously the biggest difference for me. Pennsylvania experiences all four seasons and each year the seasons never hit us the same. California has consistently perfect weather, which I love. There is also more to do in California. I don’t have the luxury of driving ten minutes to the beach back home like I do here. As much as I love Pennsylvania, I like California better.

What is something most people might not know about you?

I have A TON of screenshots on my phone of pictures/quotes to match whatever mood you’re in, and I will gladly read them to you because I love them.

What’s your opinion on the “Netflix and Chill” phenomena?

To be honest, I don’t really take guys seriously that want to “Netflix and Chill.” Come over and actually watch a movie and hangout? Yeah, I’d be down. But I’d much rather go out and do something that isn’t “Netflix and Chill”.

How do you feel about kissing on the first date?

I am a total advocate for a goodnight kiss to end the date.

What do you find most attractive in a guy?

I like a guy who’s accepting of me. I can be extremely weird, so I like a guy who has the same quirky tendencies, and I can be 110% myself around him and not think twice about anything I do. I like feeling totally comfortable with him.

What is your relationship status at the moment?

I’m currently riding the single train, but I’m totally ready to change that.

Born in the Bay but raised in the A. Give me absurd amounts of pasta and the beach and I will forever be a in a state of bliss.