Meet San Diego Native and Toreros Baseball Pitcher, Daniel Reitzler!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Diego chapter.

This week we caught up with junior baseball player, Daniel Reitzler! We learned about his athletic and academic endeavours, his dating life, as well as some of his favorite things about San Diego! This week’s campus cutie is funny, athletic, and smart!

Her Campus (HC): So, you’re on the baseball team, what position do you play?

Daniel Reitzler (DR): I’m a pitcher.

HC: Do you want to play baseball professionally?

(DR): Of course, it’s every little kid’s dream to play professionally! It really depends on the opportunity though; getting the perfect job would be just as tempting.

HC: Other than baseball, what are your hobbies?

(DR): I’m always down to play a pick-up soccer game or hang out at the beach. I wish I could go bowling more than I do, especially if slurpees are involved. Occasional video game nights are awesome too, so I love a girl that can handle the sticks. Eating and sleeping are definitely a favorite as well.

HC: What is your major?

(DR): I’m majoring in Chemistry.

HC: Where are you from?

(DR): I was born in Maryland but I’ve lived in Del Mar nearly my entire life.

HC: What is your favorite thing about San Diego?

(DR): It would have to be the overall atmosphere of the area. It’s awesome being able to wear shorts and a t-shirt all year round. Being able to go and annoy my family whenever I want is also a huge plus.

HC: Are you single?

(DR): I am.

HC: If you’re looking for a girlfriend, does she have to be able to throw and catch a baseball?

(DR): Not necessarily. I’ll be patient as long as she looks cute while going to pick it up.

HC: How do you feel about being nominated for Campus Cutie?

(DR): It’s a cool feeling. I really owe it to my parents Nancy and Steve for the good genes and opportunities.   

California girl, born and raised in San Diego. Love sushi, Law and Order: SVU, and the beach. Communication major and English minor. Hoping to become a sports broadcaster one day. Love traveling, sports, and spending time with my family and friends. Check out @kellylinne on Instagram for more.