Meet Mr. Congeniality, Shane McKeighan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Diego chapter.

You may recognize this week’s Campus Celebrity as Mr. Congeniality, a title Shane recently won by competing in USD Kappa Alpha Theta’s philanthropy pageant, Mr. University, benefiting CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate). If strutting his stuff on stage in Mr. U wasn’t enough, Shane also the show when he starred as the lead in the Greek Week Skits. He helped his fraternity, Phi Gamma Delta, aka Fiji, who was paired with the Gamma Phi Beta sorority to win the coveted title of Greek Week 2015 Champs. Let’s get to know a little bit more about Shane McKeighan!

Hometown: Fresno, California

Major: International Business

Year: Senior

What have you been involved in while at USD? I am a founding Father of FIJI, which has allowed me to recently compete in Theta’s Mr. University and Greek Week with G-Phi! Also, I sing and play bass in my band Don’t Tell Mom, which had been an absolute blast to be a part of since we started in November.

What is your proudest USD moment? Probably about 30 minutes into Don’t Tell Mom’s first show at the Beachcomber, when I realized that the bar was completely full and everyone was having a good time with us… It was nice to have that serve as confirmation that we didn’t suck haha.

What is your funniest story while attending USD? Living with Dan Colombo last spring definitely had its fair share of laughs, so there’s a lot to choose from. One of the funniest/weirdest things I have ever seen in my life was when [unnamed roommate] did a naked lap around the house and capped it off with a funny but equally terrifying naked cartwheel. Nobody should have to see that…

Can you share a fun fact about yourself? I have broken my nose 9 times. I had to re-set it myself, too, every time. Hopefully it’s not that obvious haha.

After college, what are your plans? I will be living in Mission Beach bartending through August. After that I am undecided. I have some light job offers in my hometown, but I am not committed to anything just yet. Staying in San Diego for a couple more years wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world though!

What is the one thing you will miss the most about USD post graduation? Walking by hundreds of beautiful sun-kissed young women every day will definitely be an experience I will not be too fond of losing when I graduate. Can’t get that anywhere else in the world.