Meet Jamie Eddy, This Week’s Campus Celeb!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Diego chapter.
Her Campus (HC): Where are you from?

Jamie Eddy (JE): I was born in San Francisco but raised in Marin County, a town just 15 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge.

HC: How old are you?:

JE: 21

HC: What is your major?

JE: Communication Studies major with a Sociology minor

HC: What are you going to miss the most about USD?

JE: I’m going to miss walking around campus everyday and seeing all the great people who have made my four years so memorable. USD is honestly filled with some of the most intelligent, hard working, and passionate young adults I’ve had the privilege of surrounding myself with. That’s pretty dope if you ask me. Oh and I’ll miss campus cash no doubt. 

HC: Most of your friends would say you’re pretty stylish. Where do you get your style inspiration from?

JE: Thank you!! I would say I get a lot of my style inspiration from bloggers and magazines but I always try to put my own edge into it. I think a lot of people believe you have to have money to have style or keep up with the latest trends but that’s just not the case. More than half my closet is thrift or consignment. However, I admit I have a slightly insane sneaker and t-shirt obsession so I’m willing to spend more on higher quality items. 

HC: What made you interested in fashion? 

JE: I’ve loved clothes from an early age so that’s where it started. Fashion is wearable art. You can see it all in the detail of the lines, texture, color palettes, and structure, it’s pretty unbelievable. If you look at brands like Chanel, Kenzo, Miu Miu, Alexander Mcqueen, Saint Laurent, they’re all so different but every designer has done an unreal amount of research and collaboration in order to give us, the consumers, products we crave. 

HC: What are your plans for after graduation?

JE: This is a complicated question for me right now because I’m currently in this strange transition process from wanting to work specifically in the fashion industry to now wanting to be a traveling journalist or freelance writer for a newspaper or magazine like TIME, Rolling Stone, or National Geographic. However, Karley Sciortino is someone I look up too and she’s a freelance writer for Vogue and also has a super successful blog of her own, so if I could do something like that I would be very down. Oh, and I also plan on doing a service trip with a non-profit in a third world country after graduation.   

HC: Are you involved in any clubs or activities at USD?

JE: Indeed I am. I work at the Center for Health and Wellness promotion on campus, which has played a huge part in my college experience and with that I’ve worked on events and projects alongside Associated Students. Also, I am the Feature Editor for our school newspaper, the Vista. Lastly, I’m a part of the rock climbing club and a proud member of the ex-affiliated but still awesome ski/snowboard club. 

HC: What do you like to do for fun? Why?

JE: I love being outdoors but I’m also very much a homebody so you can most often find me in my big comfy a$$ bed down by the beach. My favorite things to do for fun include yoga, reading, skiing, traveling, live music, hanging out with friends, swimming/scuba diving, and recently, rock climbing. Honestly, I’m up for anything. 

HC: How do you feel about being selected as campus celebrity?

JE: I feel very appreciative and thankful that Her Campus reached out! It’s weird to talk about myself but I hope to encourage other students to get involved, challenge themselves, and to be unafraid to mix things up. If this year has taught me anything it is to be genuine, curious, bold, compassionate, and selfish.
Netflix, Pizza, & Alpha Phi. Insta: @ashzmys