roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet Campus Cutie: Faith Brandt. Read for Exclusive Starbucks Tips!!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Diego chapter.

This week’s transfer campus cutie is Faith Brandt. She is a coffee and frozen yogurt lover that makes a perfect addition to the USD family. She is a genuine girl with a huge heart! If you don’t know her already, you are going to want to make that connection sooner rather than later!

Hometown: I am from Temecula, a little town with a beautiful wine country! It’s about an hour northeast from here.

Major: I am currently undeclared, however I hope to declare within the next few weeks.

Relationship Status: Well I’m dating somebody, but we haven’t made it official, so I’m not really sure what someone would call my status!

Year: I am a second year, but this is my first year here at USD.

Hobbies: The beach is definitely my go-to. Between work, school and homework, I am pretty busy, but every week I make it a point to go to the beach at least twice. Whether that is going on a run, lying on the sand or swimming, I will be there in any free time I have. I also love baking! I am absolutely obsessed with finding new dessert recipes on Pinterest. About two weeks ago I found the best buttery pumpkin cookie recipe ever. Even if someone doesn’t like pumpkin, they would fall in love with these.

Describe yourself in three words: kind, demure, spontaneous

HC:  How would your friends describe you?

FB: I think my friends would probably say that I am a nice person and that I’m not judgmental. I’m not one of those girls who get involved or caught up in any drama. I definitely have a more reserved personality. They’d probably tell you that I put others before myself, which could be good or bad I suppose. I’d like to think that there isn’t a mean thing that anyone could say about me. If I make a commitment I will do everything in my power to follow through. My friends would probably tell you that I love to dance, and if you play The Fix there’s no way I won’t get up and start moving. My friends definitely recognize that they have to be understanding of my obsession for fro-yo and coffee.

HC: What are your plans when you graduate?

FB: I’d like to do some traveling! I’m really not positive on a career yet, but I’m hoping to use these next couple years to think about it.

HC:What has been your most memorable time at USD?

FB: Probably my first day of class here! When I was walking on campus the reality hit that I was really attending school on this beautiful campus. That moment of gratitude put a smile on my face.

HC: Why did you choose USD?

FB: I chose it because it was everything I wanted. It is in the perfect location. Nothing and nowhere beats Southern California. It is an hour away from my hometown, which was a major draw, as I am super close to my family. I was familiar with the campus because my brother is a former Torero, so I had been here for multiple sporting events (particularly soccer games) and I loved the culture immediately. I realized I wanted a smaller campus feel with a more conservative environment.

HC: What are the main differences between USD and San Francisco State?

FB: I appreciate the uniqueness of SF State, but it is extremely liberal. Whereas, USD has a foundation of Godly principles, which matches my beliefs.

HC: Is there anything you miss about San Francisco?

FB: Not the campus, but the city definitely! There is so much history and culture there. There was always something to go do or see. A lot of times when my friends and I were looking for something to do, we would wind up grabbing an ice cream cone from the Ghirardelli Factory and driving back and forth over the Golden Gate, and admire the city from the other side.

HC: What are you involved in on USD campus?

FB: Greek Life! I am a proud Alpha Phi.

HC: Since you work at Starbucks, what is the best hack you have for customers?

FB:  A lot of people assume that shots of espresso are the best way to get an energy boost, however our brewed iced coffee is more caffeinated than a couple shots. So if you really want to wake up, an iced coffee is the way to go. I suggest a Venti iced coffee with vanilla and brevé!

HC: What is the best drink to try at Starbucks?

FB: Narrowing it down to one absolute best drink is so hard! But I do have some weather-driven suggestions. On a hot day, I recommend a Trenta Passion Tea Lemonade with three pumps of raspberry and one pump of classic. On a chilly fall night, a Caramel Apple Spice is a must! Not many people know about this drink, but my goodness once you try it you will never be the same! My all time, any time favorite is an iced Caramel Macchiato! This is really yummy, depending on the size, with one or two pumps of raspberry! It tastes like a raspberry cheesecake! Can you tell that I like raspberry?

HC: What is your favorite thing to do in San Diego?

FB: Beach, beach, beach and more beach. And throw a little shopping in there too.

HC: Where is your favorite restaurant in San Diego?

FB: That would depend what I’m in the mood for. I have two that are tied. I love Café Athena in Pacific Beach if I want Greek food, but if I want Mexican, Norte’s in Carlsbad! Both are delicious.

HC: Do you have a favorite quote or saying?

FB: “Have a little faith” and “Powered by coffee and kindness”

HC: What is the most important thing in your life? 

FB: Family, hands down. I’m extremely close to my parents, two brothers and my sister. I thank God everyday for my loving family.

HC: What is your ideal date?

FB: My ideal date would be one that is actually planned by the guy. It is pretty impressive when a guy calls, not texts, in advance, asks for a date, and lets you know where he is taking you. I think that’s pretty cool, it shows that there was thought put into it.

HC: What is your most embarrassing moment?

FB: I’ve had quite a few of those. My most embarrassing is probably tripping. I’m kind of a spaz and walking has never been a strong point. I remember walking to class with a bunch of my friends and I tripped walking up the stairs.

HC: What is your favorite movie?

FB: Oh that’s a tough one. I would have to say The Help! 

Thanks Faith!! We hope that you continue to love USD!! Thanks for the much needed Starbucks tips!!

Ashlyn is a writer for the Her Campus San Diego Chapter. She is an incoming Freshman at the USD and is originally from Southern Idaho. Some of her hobbies include shopping, hanging with friends, pilates, and traveling.