This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Diego chapter.

Well, Thanksgiving break is over, I feel rejuvenated and I have no work to worry about because all my professors decided final papers, projects, and presentations were unnecessary. This week and the next will be a breeze.  Oh, life is just peachy….

Whoa there! Who said that, did they let the holiday stuffing get to their head? Have you ever played two truths and a lie? Well, I just played two lies and a truth with you because while Thanksgiving break has come to an end, work has not and I don’t know about you, but I haven’t heard of any professors canceling final papers, projects, or presentations. If only, if only.

But before stress takes over the entire campus and before the seats of Copley get occupied by (what feels like) the entire campus. the Her Campus team has put together some beautifully random things to be thankful for! While the season reminds us that we should always be thankful for the many things in life, here are some wonderful things that can’t be forgotten. So, let’s call it Late-giving (cute)! Happy Late-giving USD! Let’s get started!

1) Thank you to those people who got their work done, leaving an open table in Copley! And look, there are plugs too! Hollah.

2) Does school suck right now? Well, at least the weather’s not too bad? Right? Right. It’s not super hot anymore! It’s also not super cold! Thank you, San Diego weather.

3) Thanks to those professors who let you out a little bit early so you manage to get to Paloma right before the rush comes through!

4) Here’s a thank you to all you pet owners who love to share your lovely little pets with the rest of us. We appreciate you, we love your pets, and well, thank you.

5) Here’s a little thanks to those friends who randomly text you! Now, doesn’t that just make your heart smile?

6) When the new music that’s starting to come out is just… fire. Thank you music producing gurus!

7) Tis the season to decorate! As if our school wasn’t already gorgeous, when the holidays come to town so too do these marvelous decorations. Thank you to those who put this on!

… and while we’re on decorating USD, go out and look at all the decorations around San Diego! Ooh holidays in San Diego… gorgeous.

8) And we arrive to our last thank you! Although this week might feel/be a bit stressful, we’ll sure be thankful when our week goes from this:

to this! Go us!

While you might be feeling some type of way during this upcoming final season, be sure to step back and remember the small stuff. Before you know it, finals will be over, you’ll be on break, and life will get back to being hip and happening. You are all amazing USD. Thanks for reading.

Oh, hello there! I'm, you guessed it, Vanessa! I like dark chocolate, long walks to the couch, taking hip-happening pictures, and making people laugh. Communications & Politcal Science Major. You can find me on the Instagram @vannhern.