I’d Tap That: Juice on Tap!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Diego chapter.

Do you ever walk around campus and wish USD had their very own juice bar? A place where you can get organic (primarily from local farms), home made, and delicious cold pressed juice without the hassle of hopping into your car and losing that lucky parking spot that took you a half an hour to find? A place where you could take a break from your hectic hot day, and drink a refreshing cup of fruit or vegetables? Doesn’t that sound superb? Well, ladies and gents, the juice genies have answered your wishes because USD’s very own juice stand is back- Juice on Tap!

At it’s heart, Juice on Tap is just that, juice on tap! But, what makes this place exceptionally wonderful, besides being right on campus, is that unlike most cold pressed bottles juice, this juice is not pasteurized! Made fresh the day you purchase, Juice on Tap likes to, as owner Sam Eller (pictured in the heather grey shirt) and his partner co-owner Mike Chiklo (not pictured) like to put it, “keep things real”. By taking an assortment of fresh organic fruit and veggies, Juice on Tap never fails to keep things real!

So you might be wondering, what types of juices does Juice on Tap offer? Well, pictured above, is their classics menu featuring simple and deliciously pure juice options ranging from sweet to nutty! But, wait a minute! You might notice that there’s something on the bottom of the list that isn’t juice… is that a typo? Are your eyes deceiving you? No! You are reading it correctly folks, because Juice on Tap also offers cold brew! And guess what! Other than being infused with spices and almond, Juice on Tap’s cold brew is two times as strong as the cold brew found in neighboring coffee shops! Holla!

So, you now know that Juice on Tap is on campus, but, where exactly do you find this magical juice bar of refreshing wonders? Right by the Student Life Pavilion in front of the UC’s, every Wednesday from 11:30- 2:00pm! Oh yeah, every Wednesday, taking campus cash, cash, or card, Juice on Tap is ready to give the students of USD a taste of refreshing flavor! Thank you juice genies!

While I could talk forever about how cool of a place Juice on Tap is, sadly, this article has to come to a close… super sad, I know. But, have no fear because although this article is ending, Juice on Tap is still on campus ready to bring you juice and coffee! So, stop by and allow owners Sam Eller, Mike Chicklo, and their right hand lady Janaye (pictured above with Sam) to serve you some of the best juice and coffee on campus! You won’t regret it! And if you can make it, be sure to catch Juice on Tap in addition to their Wednesday runs at the Changemaker Fest Bloc Party Tuesday, September 29, as well as the MyStory Presentation Wednesday, Semptember 30th, for a free taste of Juice on Tap! Free juice and coffee? Score! Well, that’s it! Thank you Juice on Tap for keeping it real and being you! 

Oh, hello there! I'm, you guessed it, Vanessa! I like dark chocolate, long walks to the couch, taking hip-happening pictures, and making people laugh. Communications & Politcal Science Major. You can find me on the Instagram @vannhern.