He’s a Cutie! Matt Stockton!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Diego chapter.

This week’s cutie is one heck of a guy! You can catch him around campus or on duty at Missions Crossroads! He is: Matt Stockton!

Name: Matthew Stockton

Major: Electrical Engineering

Year: Junior

Hometown: Lake Forrest, CA

Relationship status: Taken

Her Campus (HC): How do you feel about being this week’s campus cutie?

Matt Stockton: I’m honored. I’ve always wanted to be a campus cutie. I’ve been featured on USD crushes way too many times and never on here. I feel honored.

HC: What organizations are you involved with on campus?

MS: I am currently a Residential Assistant in Missions A, I’m also a student technology assistant for Academic Technologies Services, and umm I’m the newly elected Social Chairman for my fraternity, Beta Theta Pi. Oh, I’m also the Junior representative for the USD chapter of IEEE on campus! And I am a general body member of the Filipino Ugnayan Student Organization

HC: How would your friends describe you in three words?

MS: Sexy, humble, goofy

HC: What does a fun Matt day look like?

MS: Hanging out in a public area and seeing all my friends. I don’t know. I have fun being around people, “shooting the sh*t”, if you will.

HC: What are you passionate about?

MS: I’m passionate about my career, my family, and all the friends I’ve acquired throughout the years.

HC: What’s a piece of advice you would give members of the younger class about school and life?

MS: Find something that you’re passionate about and keep to it. Life is about the relationships with the people around you. Remember that in everything you do.

HC: Where do you see yourself in five years?

MS: I see myself being in a company I’m passionate about, and developing my career as an electrical engineer. I hope to be around people I still care about, spending time with them when I can.

HC: What kind of music do you listen to?

MS: I love R&B, alternative rock, and my favorite band of all time is Two Door Cinema Club. I’ve also become a Belieber in recent days.

HC: Who’s your celebrity crush?

MS: Miranda Kerr. She’s a very inspirational woman.

HC: What’s your favorite thing about USD?

MS: The friends I have acquired and my residents.

HC: Fun question: If you had the chance to spend two hours with anyone (from the past, present, famous, or not) who would you choose?

MS: My Lolo (my grandpa), Jesus. He passed before I was born and he was the person my mom looked up to. I’m actually named after him. My mom said we’re very similar so it would be cool to get to know him.

Well, that’s Matt! Such a gem! Thanks for taking the time to sit down with us, Matt! Keep on, keeping on USD.

Oh, hello there! I'm, you guessed it, Vanessa! I like dark chocolate, long walks to the couch, taking hip-happening pictures, and making people laugh. Communications & Politcal Science Major. You can find me on the Instagram @vannhern.