He’ll Make Your Heart Smile: Hunter Jameson!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Diego chapter.

You know those people who after you meet them, you just can’t help but really want to be their friend? Those people where the second they say “hello”, you instantly want to get to know them better, find out what their likes and dislikes are, and, oh, well, if they’re single? Well, ladies and gentlemen, this past week we met up with one of these types of people. Last Thursday we caught up with is this week’s campus cutie, USD’s very own heart warmer, Hunter Jameson. Here’s Hunter for you!

Name: Hunter Dalton Jameson

Hometown: Fresno, CA

Year: Junior

Major: Finance

Career goals?

“I want to do something that I love. Something that will help support myself and my family. Oh, I’d love to work for a professional sports team! Working with the Yankees would be pretty cool.”

What are you involved with on campus?

“I’m in Beta Theta Pi, I’m an ambassador, I was the Vista Sports Editor this past year and next year, and I’ll be the Editor-in-Chief for the Vista. “

How do you feel about being the incoming Editor-in-Chief?

“Excited. I’m looking forward to the real world experience I might be able to gain with having such a big job.”

What are you passionate about?

“Being a good friend, helping others to be happy, and definitely, living life to the fullest. “

What’s an interesting fact about your self? [ Spoiler: Heart Will Start Smiling]

“ I started my own non-profit foundation, Hunter’s Hope International Foundation. Yeah, my senior year of high school I decided that I wanted to start a foundation that would help kids battling cancer. I had it when I was 8 and I wanted to find a way to give back. When I came to USD my parents helped me file all the paperwork and we became a non-profit organization in the Spring of 2013.”

How does Hunter’s Hope Foundation give back, exactly? [ Heart Smiling]

“We work with Valley Children’s hospital, where I was treated. What happens is the hospital gives out grant applications in oncology. Parents and their children will fill out the application with what gifts, up to $500 value, they would like. These gifts are to help make them ultimately happy.  I want to make their experience as happy as I can. A lot of kids will ask for gaming systems and one even asked for an oven. We just want to make them happy and it’s been a really amazing experience. I also like to make the gift giving really personal. Over Christmas I hand delivered as many gifts as I could. When I’m in school and can’t physically be there, I’ll go ahead and Skype them. It makes me happy making their experience a bit better. So far, we’ve helped 35 families in 2 years”

I’ve seen a lot of people wearing your Hunter’s Hope bracelets! How have you brought the foundation to USD? [Heart still smiling!]

“ If you’d like a bracelet they’re $3 and you can talk to me! The proceeds go straight to the foundation. Beta has been really supportive. This past semester I asked the incoming class if they’d donate their new-member philanthropy money to the foundation and they did. Together we raised about $500 and that right there will help a family out. It’s actually really cool. They’ll get to see the family they helped.”

How would your friends describe you in 3 words?

Funny, genuine, compassionate

Who is your celebrity crush?

“I’m trying to narrow it down. I would say its between Emma Watson and Kendall Jenner. It’s a toss up. Actually, Carrie Underwood. Hands down. She beats them out.”

What do you look for in a girl?

“I just look for a girl who I can have a good time with no matter what we’re doing. Someone who can push me to be the best person I can be.”

What’s your best quality?

“My loyalty. I feel like people can always depend on me in whatever they need.”

Are you single? If so, are you looking for that special someone?

“ I’m single and yeah, I’m looking”

Is your heart smiling? Hope you enjoyed this week’s campus cutie with USD’s Hunter Jameson! Catch him around campus and don’t be afraid to say hello!

Oh, hello there! I'm, you guessed it, Vanessa! I like dark chocolate, long walks to the couch, taking hip-happening pictures, and making people laugh. Communications & Politcal Science Major. You can find me on the Instagram @vannhern.