The Guy who Does It All: Crash Ketcham

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Diego chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is an incredibly talented and involved sophomore. From dancing to making quesadillas to being involved in his fraternity, this cutie is truly the full package. We were lucky enough to talk to him this week and learn a bit more about what makes him so cool, and are excited to share it with you! So, here is the hilarious, informative and down to earth interview we had with Crash Ketcham!

Her Campus (HC): What year in school are you?

Crash Ketcham (CK): Sophomore

HC: Major?

CK: Marine Science, German minor

HC: Hometown?

CK: Wenatchee, WA

HC: How do you feel about being nominated as this week’s Campus Cutie?

CK: I feel pretty special to be thought of as being a cutie…that’s a great title to temporarily hold. Although I guess I’m only nominated, so it’s not completely agreed upon. I’ll still take it.

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

CK: PRIDE, Associated Students, Beta Theta Pi, and Residential Life

HC: You were runner up for Mr. University, first of all, congrats! Second, what was the experience like for you?

CK: Haha this is great I feel famous. To be honest, I was busy with dance outside of USD, resulting in no involvement in the process until the day before, so I really can only attest to the performance. It was fun to perform in front of a really receptive crowd! And I am more comfortable onstage than offstage so it always feels good to be in my comfort zone. My dance partner Ivana was really great to work with, she’s such a great mover, so I was anticipating the audience to really love her and they did! That made me happy. I wish the event was based less on jokes and more on actual performance, because it plays on the stereotype that men can’t dance or be serious onstage. And where’s Mrs. University? Sounds a little sexist to me. I got a lot of moving responses from my piece though so I was pretty content with the performance.

HC: What was the inspiration behind your cover photo?

CK: I google imaged “dinosaur in space” and that’s what came up. Thanks Google.

HC: What is something that not many people know about you?

CK: I have a twin sister and she’s the greatest.

HC: How would you describe yourself in three words?

CK: Passionate, competitive, pho

HC: What are your goals for after graduation?

CK: 1. Work as a professional dancer 2. Be on Ellen 3. Work in Broadway 4. Teach at a dance convention 5. Tour with a music artist 6. Dance on TV 7. Travel with a dance convention in Europe 8. Marry a Swede

(See an amazing video of Crash dancing here!)

HC: What’s your guilty pleasure?

CK: Tie between Zac Efron (because he’s a teenage heart throb that you don’t want to admit you like) and anything drenched in tapatio (like Hot Cheetos or Quesadillas). Omg Zac Efron drenched in tapatio!! I would pass out.

HC: What Netflix show do you binge watch?

CK: Bob’s Burgers (uggggh so funny AND appropriate it’s wonderful)

HC: What is your proudest moment/accomplishment?

CK: Oh jeez. I’m proud of my German capabilities…that took a lot of time and work.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

CK: Tie between Mathew McConaughey and Chris Pine. But I guess Chris Pine can sing…that’s important. Okay Chris Pine.

HC: Any hidden (or not so hidden) talents?

CK: I like to think I give good massages. I play the cello and make a mean Quesadilla.

HC: What is your spirit animal?

CK: A nudibranch! Look them up they’re striking.

(We agree, they are quite striking)

san francisco, ca Sports Reporter at NBC sunshine enthusiast