Fall Back In Time: 15 Songs Of Your Younger Years!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Diego chapter.

Do you ever have those moments, whether it’s in your car, in your room, or walking through a shopping mall, where you’re living your life, then all of a sudden a certain song comes on and nostalgia kicks in? In a matter of seconds, you hear the first bars of a song and it’s almost like you’re back in eighth grade, braces and all, jamming out to the Jonas Brothers? Then, all too quickly three minutes pass, the song is over, and you’re back to the present? Freaky, right? But still, cool.

Music has the ability to take you from 2015 to 2008, real quick.  Songs have the power to create musical timelines, representing all the lovely, awkward, and weird times in our lives. Oh, yeah.

As we enter Fall, here’s 15 tunes from your younger years to help you fall back in time for a little while.

In no particular order, here ya go!

1) “Bye, Bye, Bye” – N’SYNC

Hello, Hello, Hello N’SYNC!

2) “Lucky” – Britney Spears

Britney just knew…she’s a star.

3) “S Club Party”- S Club 7

There ain’t no party like an S Club Party!

4) “1985”- Bowling for Soup

You might not have been alive during 1985, but I’m betting you remember this classic Jam.

5) “Stacy’s Mom”- Fountains of Wayne

If your name was Stacy, you, like your mom, had it going on.

6) “Just The Girl I’m Looking For”- The Click Five

Are you just the girl he’s looking for?

7) “Beautiful Soul”- Jesse McCartney

I want you and your beautiful soul, Jesse.

8) “So Yesterday”- Hilary Duff

You will never be so yesterday, Hillary Duff…never.

9) “Shake It” – Metro Station

Be honest, how many times did you shake it when this song came on?

10) “Year 3000”- Jonas Brothers

Have we figured out a way to visit the year 3000?

11) “Party In The USA”- Miley Cyrus

She hopped off a plane at Lax with a dream and her cardigan.

12) “Lip Gloss”- Lil Mama

I got to ask you, because if I don’t, I’ll never now how much you wore lip gloss after hearing this jam.

13) “Beautiful Girls”- Sean Kingston

Everyone is beautiful, but, this song was about the girls!

14) “Touch The Sky”- Kanye West ft. Lupe Fiasco

Coming up in the spot looking extra fly, it’s Kanye West and a young Lupe Fiasco.

15) “Forever”- Chris Brown

Like all the songs on this list, I feel like I can especially listen to this song forever.

Welcome back to 2015 ladies and gentlemen! Well, there you have it! While there are so many songs that could’ve made the list, I hope you enjoyed falling back in time with these 15 classic songs of your younger years. Until next time,  keep on keepin’ on folks!

Oh, hello there! I'm, you guessed it, Vanessa! I like dark chocolate, long walks to the couch, taking hip-happening pictures, and making people laugh. Communications & Politcal Science Major. You can find me on the Instagram @vannhern.