Check Out this Fun Art Festival: Mission Federal ArtWalk!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Diego chapter.

If you’re looking for a weekend full of interesting artwork, live music, dancing, food vendors, and even the chance to participate in some interactive art experiences, check out downtown San Diego, on April 30th and May 1st, from 11 am to 6 pm.

Seventeen blocks in Little Italy will be filled with hundreds of artists, as well as bands, dancers and restaurants from Little Italy. Mediums such as paintings, drawings, sculpture, glasswork, metalwork, woodwork, jewelry, and photography will be featured.

This is San Diego’s premier arts and music cultural event: the Mission Federal ArtWalk. Not only do you get to enjoy all these wonderful pieces of art, often the artists will be there to chat with you about their inspiration. Some of the artists will also be creating their art during the festival. All of the art is available for purchase, and some of the artists are donating portions of their sales to ArtReach, a non-profit organization that brings high quality visual arts education to elementary schools with no art resources.

Some of the interesting live art that will be occurring during the festival include body painting by artist Lana Chromium at 11 am Saturday and Sunday on the Date Street Stage.

There will also be live paintings combined with featured dancing. This collab is between artist Sarah Stieber and the choreography of The PGK Dance Project. The dancers will be covered in dripping paint that will rain down on them as they perform. This will be happening on the EDGE Stage at 3:30 pm on Saturday and Sunday.

Theres even a place for children to create their own works of art, called KidsWalk at the corner of India and Beech. No judgment if you’re an adult!

Another reason to go is to collect some treasures! Wearable art is featured, like these pieces of jewelry.

It’s also a great place to pick up some fun decorations for your dorm room/vista/apartment/house, etc.!

Check out missionfederalartwalk.org for more info!